Hotel Sun Village Costa Linda

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yeah....like that was before the hurricane!

At least it looked like it might re-open eventually! Some company bought it (we heard it was Howard Johnsons- but that was never confirmed) and started to Upgrade it. Then we heard the "architect or engineer" absconded with the money and construction halted. Then came the hurricane........
Not much left but rubble. Can't see how anyone would bother putting $$$ into it now. Heard that a company was interested in buying it and turning it into a small "spa" type resort or a condo type project but that the property is still tied up in the courts re: the "architect/engineer" and also with the owners of the "time share" portions of the original hotel who don't want to put out up to $500,000 US each to "fix" the property but also don't want to give up their "right" to vacation there either.

It was the first resort we stayed at in the DR. and we bought our condo just up the road a bit. We still stroll by it on occasion. Happy memories there.......

What's you interest in it?

Andr?

Feb 15, 2002
www.reisenundhelfen.de
My interest...

I spend my vacation in April 1997 in the Costa Linda! It was also my first visit in the Domrep.
So i heard what you tell me about the hotel! But i sow the Hotel on the webpage www.wheretostay.com!
There are many better hotels but the Costa Linda was o.k. !

If you know "Pauli" he comes from austria, he stayed often in the hotel?