list of public beaches closed this semana santa

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
So, these beaches are only contaminated during Semana Santa(?).

............ bathing and swimming in those places is prohibited because of contamination and other dangers.................

Most likely the contaminated ones are closed year round and the additional closures are probably due to over crowding by the Semana Santa arrivals. just my guess........

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Most likely the contaminated ones are closed year round and the additional closures are probably due to over crowding by the Semana Santa arrivals. just my guess........
I suspect those beaches are more fragile, and the gubmint wants to preserve them.

For instance, Los Patos is a rock beach. We see broken glass there all the time. Imagine all the drunks with beer bottles there on the SS weekend. It'd be dangerous afterwards.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I suspect those beaches are more fragile, and the gubmint wants to preserve them.

For instance, Los Patos is a rock beach. We see broken glass there all the time. Imagine all the drunks with beer bottles there on the SS weekend. It'd be dangerous afterwards.

sounds reasonable and I would also think some beaches can only flush out to sea a certain amount of human pee-pee and waste turds per day .......... joking, but serious

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
So, these beaches are only contaminated during Semana Santa(?).

i think this must be a subject to change, no? like that recent situation with chemicals "accidentally" released to river haina which resulted in fishing ban in the area. then there are rains - in various points of the country every year - flushing dirt down into the rivers/sea/ocean. which coincides with "other dangers" like currents, water depth and so on, that also can fluctuate with the weather.