Thread: LADIES ONLY Repair antique clocks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LADIES ONLY Repair antique clocks

Does anybody know of a true clock craftsperson who can repair antique clocks? One is a box clock from the 1930s and the other is a French desk clock, c. 1900. One doesn't run; the other's chimes are getting fainter and fainter.

Preferably on North Coast, but I'll go to Santiago. The Capital doesn't really help me much.

Thanks in advance.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I did some Google research for you. Cartier in SD advertise they do vintage clock & watch repairs (who knew there was a Cartier in Sd?) Cartier is far away from my wheelhouse but maybe its worth a phone call.
    http://www.cartier.com/en-us/find-bo...53.mobile.html

3. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some information for you from a male poster so I am posting it on his behalf.

"I know of a couple of others in Santo Domingo. One is in Plaza Central on the first floor, the other is in Plaza Luperon on the west side first floor. There is another in Jumbo Luperon, but it's not the principle office. You leave it there and they send it to their shop.

They have done various clock repairs for me. Unfortunately, the cost is almost as much as the clock is worth.

All of my clocks are late 1800/early 1900 3 spring models with various chime options, but are still not that valuable.

Your clocks need regular maintenance which will run around 4-5 thousand pesos. I don't think I'd take one to Cartier; I bet they would send it to one of the guys I mentioned."

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I have some information for you from a male poster so I am posting it on his behalf.

Matilda
    TKU for sharing & trying to find info. Especially with the Mars quotient. I will wait until my great friend Humberto returns from Amsterdam after Semana Santa. He grew up in Stgo and his mother (may she live to 120) knows everything, and I bet she can help.