airline with fully refundable ticket from Punta Cana

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Hi,

I will fly in with Condor but then they don´t have the refundable ticket option. (I have the Permanent residency but it has expired a couple of weeks). What airline offers a full refundable ticket from Punta Cana? I might have to show that when I check-in in Germany.

Thx in advance

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Buy your return tickets at www.espedia.com few hours before departure and then after you arrive you may cancel and refund it 100% within 24 hours after payment. 

All tickets purchased in USA are fully refundable within 24 hours. 

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
You need proof of onward travel; a receipt for the ferry to PR should be enough. Even if faked.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Buy your return tickets at www.espedia.com few hours before departure and then after you arrive you may cancel and refund it 100% within 24 hours after payment. 

All tickets purchased in USA are fully refundable within 24 hours. 

INCORRECT.

Only tickets booked 7 days or more from flight, and only if the trip originates and ends from a US airport.

The exception to the 7 days out is AA which recently changed to allow customers to cancel (for free) within 24 hours of booking on tickets purchased for flights as close as two days ahead of departure.

The US Department of Transportation (DOT) rule is either you get the opportunity to put a ticket on hold for 24 hours before purchasing, or airline must provide at least 24 hours after booking a flight to cancel without penalty even on a non-refundable ticket. However, once again that rule only applies to tickets booked at least seven days in advance of departure, so AA is being more generous than the DOT rule requires.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
INCORRECT.

Only tickets booked 7 days or more from flight, and only if the trip originates and ends from a US airport.

The exception to the 7 days out is AA which recently changed to allow customers to cancel (for free) within 24 hours of booking on tickets purchased for flights as close as two days ahead of departure.

The US Department of Transportation (DOT) rule is either you get the opportunity to put a ticket on hold for 24 hours before purchasing, or airline must provide at least 24 hours after booking a flight to cancel without penalty even on a non-refundable ticket. However, once again that rule only applies to tickets booked at least seven days in advance of departure, so AA is being more generous than the DOT rule requires.

While you may have picked up an issue if trying to purchase a ticket for travel a short time into the future, (a good catch on those details) the concept should work for the OP if the ticket he purchases is for a flight sufficiently into the future that he can cancel it for a full refund. The concept is fundamentally sound as long as the flight day is far enough out in time to be able to get the refund.

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
This is easy. The day of your flight go to JetBlue.com and book a one way ticket from SDQ to SJU (usually around $140.00 USD). Book the ticket 10 days out from your arrival. You have 24hrs to cancel the flight for a full refund as long as you do it within 24hrs. You can also book a fully refundable ticket which doesn't expire within 24hrs for a higher booking price. Unfortunately I have to do this all of the time because my work schedule changes and I never know what day I need to leave... 

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Thank you for input. Is it only at check-in in Europe that they will check this or will they also check at Punta Cana Airport?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The airline is supposed to ensure you have a return ticket at check in for your flight to the DR. Some airlines do, some don't and some don't do it all the time.

Immigration here could ask to see your return ticket but that is very unlikely to happen.