DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Apple warranty in DR

A few months ago, we bought two iPhone 8plus. We took the insurance because MR AE is a bit of a klutz with his phones, which are always hitting the floor (his old iPhone had a military grade case but I couldn’t find one before we left). Meanwhile, Miss Dainty, who has never damaged a phone, ever, has managed to drop her phone, twice, on the tile floor. (And his is pristine, lol). I have about 8 cracks now.

I’ve gotten service on my MacBook at the Mac store in Novocentro. I’m wondering if they also replace screens?  T-Mobile told us Apple has a program to do it for $50 ( in US). Is it good here?

Also, anyone know if Apple is still replacing batteries on 5 and 6 for $29 here?  The extra phone we brought down suddenly will not take a charge at all. 

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    A few months ago, we bought two iPhone 8plus. We took the insurance because MR AE is a bit of a klutz with his phones, which are always hitting the floor (his old iPhone had a military grade case but I couldn’t find one before we left). Meanwhile, Miss Dainty, who has never damaged a phone, ever, has managed to drop her phone, twice, on the tile floor. (And his is pristine, lol). I have about 8 cracks now.

I’ve gotten service on my MacBook at the Mac store in Novocentro. I’m wondering if they also replace screens?  T-Mobile told us Apple has a program to do it for $50 ( in US). Is it good here?

Also, anyone know if Apple is still replacing batteries on 5 and 6 for $29 here?  The extra phone we brought down suddenly will not take a charge at all. 
    Punto Mac in Santo Domingo is one of the authorized dealers for apple in Dominican Republic.

www.puntomac.com

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have AppleCare for your iPhone, then I believe it's valid worldwide.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used my Apple Care here. Works just fine.

Lindsey

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    I have used my Apple Care here. Works just fine.

Lindsey
    I took a friend of Mine from London and he got check his Mac laptop using his apple care in Punto Mac in Santo Domingo.