Tres Hombres Rum

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Soo... I follow the Boat House Facebook page.

The other day they shared a post from fairtransport which is a page for a cargo sailboat.

The post was going into detail of the manual loading of the boat, and one of the products was
Tres Hombres rum.

Now I've never heard of Tres Hombres Rum, so I asked where it's from, and how can I buy a bottle.

They were kind enough to promptly erase my post. So much for that.

Anybody here heard of Tres Hombres Rum? Should I forget about trying to buy some?

How about it, rum drinkers...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
BB, If I gotta go to Europe to buy some, I won't be buying any.

LOL, you and me both. It seems to be several rums that have a "Dominican Tag" that are not available for purchase in la rep dom and Tres Hombres is most likely another.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Info:
http://ultimaterumguide.com/tres-hombres-3-2012/

4000 bottles limited edition (only 4,000 bottles I would be scared to ask the price)

After unloading the rum cargo of 2011 the brigantine passed through several harbors in Europe, picking up different cargo’s along the way before crossing the Atlantic Ocean once again. The ship harbored in Terschelling, Rotterdam, Vlissingen, Brixham, Brest, Porto, Madeira, Cabo Verde, Barbados, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Tobago and Curacao before arriving at Boca Chica in the Dominican Republic, where the third cargo of limited edition rum was retrieved.

From Boca Chica the ship tacked against currents and trade winds towards the east, visiting the ports of Grenada, Sint Maarten, and finally the Azores, before reaching the continental shelf. In Grenada a cargo of organic chocolate was loaded on top of the rum, to be shipped to Portsmouth and Amsterdam. Also 1,5 tons of fair-trade cocoa beans were picked up for an artesanal chocolate company in the north of Amsterdam. Then, in the archipelago, on the Azores, wine and tea was shipped to Europe , following the tradition of the tea clippers, who transported tea to European markets and were known for their fast travels.

Upon leaving the Azores, the ship beat up against the northeasterly winds, battling the calms, the fog and the rough weather of the English Channel. Then, the ship called at the old naval port of Portsmouth, sailed ahead through the Dover straights, passed the Texel roads, and moved into the old Zuiderzee, towards the final Port of Amsterdam.
In Amsterdam a large interested welcoming committee awaited the ship.

She then stayed in Amsterdam North for half a day before the bridge that carries the train tracks could be opened after the last train of the day had passed. After this, the ship remained in Amsterdam for two weeks, laying aside the Shipping museum, Roest, and Hanneke’s Boom, welcoming all interested visitors from Amsterdam and beyond on deck and below. Lots of fun was had by crew and visitors sitting together on the ship’s deck, sharing stories, experiences, chocolate and rum. Thank you all for sharing this wonderful experience with us. We very much hope to welcome you all back on the ship next year when we bring the fourth version of limited edition Tres Hombres rum!

Web address: www.treshombres-rum.com

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Their response: I am sorry our rum is only available in Europe. Next year we sail to DR again and maybe we can bring some bottles."

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Their response: I am sorry our rum is only available in Europe. Next year we sail to DR again and maybe we can bring some bottles."

too funny............

from their webpage

Product name: Tres Hombres Rum #3 2012

Brand: Tres Hombres
Distillery: Mardi S.A.
Alcohol by volume: 40%
Alcohol proof: 80 Proof
Spices:
Produced since:
Country of Origin: The Netherlands / Dominican Republic

So how does Dominican Republic come into play as one of the Country of Origin? Maybe you could ask them that JD? LOL

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
too funny............

from their webpage

Product name: Tres Hombres Rum #3 2012

Brand: Tres Hombres
Distillery: Mardi S.A.
Alcohol by volume: 40%
Alcohol proof: 80 Proof
Spices:
Produced since:
Country of Origin: The Netherlands / Dominican Republic

So how does Dominican Republic come into play as one of the Country of Origin? Maybe you could ask them that JD? LOL

If you study their website a little closer, you'll find they have at least 3 grades of Rum, each being made in a different location. One of them is made here in the DR.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If you study their website a little closer, you'll find they have at least 3 grades of Rum, each being made in a different location. One of them is made here in the DR.

I C

Dominican Premium XVIII

A welcoming, bright nose, a dark and warm color, a smooth entrance with sweetness and spices, cacao and nuts slowly unfolding, and a climax of citrus and fruit… what more to say about an 18 year old from Oliver & Oliver… this is what we love the Caribbean for!

So many scents and tastes are compressed in the bourbon barrels received from Pedro Ramon Oliver, but still the Tres Hombres rums from the Dominican Republic are a unique experience every year.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

So you can't buy what they produce in la rep dom but instead need to keep your fingers crossed they will ship in some from another country on a voyage next year?

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
Matusalem rum recently appeared here in Santiago, marked "imported" but it's made here.

Oliver and Oliver brand Punta Cana has several limited editions available and the price is reasonable.

After a blind taste test, the francois limited edition punta Cana was the favorite though I prefer punta Cana black or atlántico Reserva.

7f0af815279a9a02d68555fa73d4dfca.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hey that's pretty cool making use of an old pallet. Did you come up with that idea? Looks like a beer bottle opener on the top right but what is that on the top left? ............. me likes

Matusalem rum recently appeared here in Santiago, marked "imported" but it's made here.

Oliver and Oliver brand Punta Cana has several limited editions available and the price is reasonable.

After a blind taste test, the francois limited edition punta Cana was the favorite though I prefer punta Cana black or atlántico Reserva.

7f0af815279a9a02d68555fa73d4dfca.jpg

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
I bought 19 pallets when I came here; used them for a TV stand, couch, coffee table, and darts wall, had one left over for rum [emoji23]

Presidente bottle opener (gift from a friend who works at Presidente) and a small container of spices for gin and tonic on the left, a funny to me giant bottle of coconut rum in the middle (goes well with pineapple juice, perfect drink to sip while you dodge bullets on Playa encuentro), and on the right is a wine bottle opener from Canada, purchased because I bought a boggle of Ice Wine and wanted to enjoy it before I left, and a beer opener from Hawaii.

The atlántico was on Oferta at Nacional for a few weeks and it's outstanding! Still haven't opened the Imperial...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
@ jahjahwarrior, that is really, really nice. Another question ........... bottom far right what is that a caster wheel or just some type of leg to raise it off the floor? What did you use for the white shelf part. Unique and cool as hell..

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
The shelves are for pictures from ikea, I think $150 pesos each.. These are euro pallets no gma, euro fit the room better and require no back supports for couches, they are darn near perfect!

And the legs are white plastic locking swivel casters from Bellon. I was nervous they would slip on the tile but so far so good! Looks much better raised up than sitting on the floor.

Basically the entire apartment is pallets and Ikea. I don't like the overly formal Dominican style. Plus pallets and ikea are cheap!