Drive By's in Puerto Plata

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
FYI - there's been a series of drive by shootings which are most likely drug related. So far, no injuries that I'm aware of, but be(a)ware. It appears to be an after dark sport, so recommend sleeping away from windows and such.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
FYI - there's been a series of drive by shootings which are most likely drug related. So far, no injuries that I'm aware of, but be(a)ware. It appears to be an after dark sport, so recommend sleeping away from windows and such.

Do you know where in POP this has occurred?

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
??? I live in Puerto Plata and didn't hear anything about drive-by shootings?
And I have a bar that is open until at least 12, some days until 2 or 3 am.... and didn't hear sirens or anything the last couple of weeks.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Do you know where in POP this has occurred?

Padre Granero. The usual motorcycle with two men.

There's usually a group of young men that hang out on a corner which I think were the target, but I don't know how they could miss if they wanted to draw blood. Second time.

Unfortunately, it's close to my casa but I'm not currently in country.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Another drive by last night. This time the homeys up'd their game and returned fire. It was a regular shoot out for 15 seconds. Same MO. night time drive by.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Padre Granero. The usual motorcycle with two men.

There's usually a group of young men that hang out on a corner which I think were the target, but I don't know how they could miss if they wanted to draw blood. Second time.

Unfortunately, it's close to my casa but I'm not currently in country.

Is this same 2 men the occupants of a very large motor cycle. 3 nights back, 2 men in sosau held up freinds with a gun near caribe tours. They rode a huge motor bike.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Take these morons to a gun range and teach them how to shoot. The sooner they kill each other off the world becomes a better place.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Have you considered relocating?

With all due respect to the OP, and agreeing with Caonabo, as far as I know, the mentioned barrio is perhaps not the safest in POP, so writing that this is happening in POP without details is not the whole truth. I have to agree with BelgianMik above, we also live in POP and it's really normal, peaceful and quiet here.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Take these morons to a gun range and teach them how to shoot. The sooner they kill each other off the world becomes a better place.

Oh, that's just terrible! :laugh:

Whenever I read those reports of drive by shootings I think "Another happy ending"

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Oh, that's just terrible! :laugh:

Whenever I read those reports of drive by shootings I think "Another happy ending"

I have to agree although it's amazing that we can have 3 such events and no injuries.

When I lived in Jacksonville Florida, I was first appalled when a guy showed me his pistol. I pulled in behind him on the interstate and he reached below his seat and waived his gun pointing upward. After awhile, I started to interpret it as a friendly "hey bro" and I'd give them a nod of respect. That place was nuts, but the drug gangs were definitely killing off their competition.

Here is almost like a comedy. They are more likely to kill somebody in one of the wooden houses than each other.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Have you considered relocating?

Well, I don't live there for my safety or because I can't afford better. (I say there because I'm currently in Fort Lauderdale slumming it in a Hyatt). I like living with the poor and I've been accepted into the neighborhood. These people really struggle and they put their faith in god on a daily basis. I find it deeply rewarding.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Well, I don't live there for my safety or because I can't afford better. (I say there because I'm currently in Fort Lauderdale slumming it in a Hyatt). I like living with the poor and I've been accepted into the neighborhood. These people really struggle and they put their faith in god on a daily basis. I find it deeply rewarding.

If you are not there, how do you know that a drive by shooting supposedly occurred there?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If you are not there, how do you know that a drive by shooting supposedly occurred there?

heard it through the coconut telegraph...........

or as Marvin Gaye would sing, "I heard it through the grapevine".......

dannybrowne

Mar 30, 2018
you said you own a bar. where do you buy all your beer and liquor from by the way i live in jacksonville fl ypu said a won time you did to thanks danny

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
you said you own a bar. where do you buy all your beer and liquor from by the way i live in jacksonville fl ypu said a won time you did to thanks danny

Me? I don't own a bar.

Fernandina Beach, but i had a girlfriend in one of the more interesting areas.