considering move to juan dolio

kris

Apr 26, 2002
My husband and I are considering moving to Juan Dolio. We would like the name of a reputable realtor. We would like to rent before considering a purchase. Preferrably in gated community. We also have two school aged children and would like to send them to private english speaking school.....any? Husband is currently commuting between the States and D.R. and the move is likely to be long term. Help would be much appreciated!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
How about an email address where I can reach you?

I live in JD in the winter and can give you some numbers to call and some people for your husband to see next times he's there.
or ask Rob to send me your email address privately if you don't want to post it here.....he's pretty willing to do that.

kris

Apr 26, 2002
I'm new to this forum.....how do I go about contacting Rob inorder for him to give you my email address?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hmmmm......Let's see......

Give him time and he'll "pop" in to the thread.....
otherwise find a thread that he's posted to and you'll see under his post an email button.....
hit the button and ask away!
He's been "talking to rrwells in one of the threads so that's your best bet....thread name is "Question for Robert"!
BTW....I'm heading to bed...got a heck of a cold so get a hold of Rob and I'll email you soon as he sends me your address.
You might also run a search for Juan Dolio (also in the archives) 'cause I've posted some info for other people earlier this year and I know other people have posted stuff to.....

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Kris
If you look in the classified section of this board you will find a very nice house for sale in Jaun Dolio for reasonable price. As for apartments; I rented at Plaza Real Resort (damned if I can find thier telephone number today) but I have posted thier website on this board before so you can check the archives. Also I have rented a bigger apartment at Edificio Jorio and the phone number is 809-526-2817. Mariana Almonte is the manager there and she does not speak English . Both places would be good to rent while searching to buy. If you have any personal questions about these apartments or the town feel free to e-mail me at Carlson706@aol.com
Good Luck and enjoy Jaun Dolio it is a nice little community with a good mix of people from all over the world. It is also a nice place for the kids to grow and learn.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Quite right dulce......

but I'm not sure if Plaza Real would have a place large enough for a family......kris doesn't say how many children she has.
They have some larger two bdrm units that should be complete the end of May (so the owner told us-we "previewed them just before we came home with an American friend-single-who's moving down in July).
I'm thinking more along the lines of a place in Metro Golf and Country Club-gated-(they rent) where there are quite a few Americans and Canadians as well as a school until kris has a chance to look around and get to know her way around.
I have a friend who lives there that I'll ask to share an email address with kris and they can kinda "help" her hubby get aquainted.

kris

Apr 26, 2002
Thank you, for the information. My husband has told me about the Metro, he is currently in the D.R. We all will be traveling there mid June to take a look around.

Last edited: