Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 365
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Tourist Card Included in Ticket Price

    With the new rule requiring the Airlines to give out Tourist Cards I'm looking to see if the U.S. and/or European Airlines are following through on this.
    Sunwing has ponied up so all the Canadian Carriers now give out the Tourist Card so just looking for confirmation on the others. And are they still selling tourist cards at the airports?

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm coming back on Tuesday from Orlando on American Airlines and will let you know what happens.

  3. Likes RV429 liked this post
  4. #3
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've returned on several carriers from the states recently and they didn't give the tourist card. If. from the states you can purchase it online and then skip that line at the airports.

  5. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    With the new rule requiring the Airlines to give out Tourist Cards I'm looking to see if the U.S. and/or European Airlines are following through on this.
    Sunwing has ponied up so all the Canadian Carriers now give out the Tourist Card so just looking for confirmation on the others. And are they still selling tourist cards at the airports?


    On Canadian flights tourist cards have been handed out for a long time, included in the price.

  6. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    With the new rule requiring the Airlines to give out Tourist Cards I'm looking to see if the U.S. and/or European Airlines are following through on this.
    Sunwing has ponied up so all the Canadian Carriers now give out the Tourist Card so just looking for confirmation on the others. And are they still selling tourist cards at the airports?

    Canadian carriers have been including tourist cards for long time...

  7. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    23,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the 'universal' providing of onboard tourist cards began April 1

    DR seems to like April 1 introduction dates for some reason

  8. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes Willy, why April Fools Day?
    Gary, there is a new rule from 1 April that all carriers will provide the Tourist Card.
    And yes folks, the Canadian Carriers except Sunwing have provided this all along. Sunwing now provides the Tourist Card.
    Thanks Blueceo, would appreciate first hand knowledge regarding U.S. and European Carriers.

  9. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
  10. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    Canadian carriers have been including tourist cards for long time...
    Sunwing was the exception. I used them once for my DR trips. $10 to get in. $20 to get out. Started using WestJet after that. 

  11. Likes thompstr liked this post
  12. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    23,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    Yes Willy, why April Fools Day?
    Gary, there is a new rule from 1 April that all carriers will provide the Tourist Card.
    And yes folks, the Canadian Carriers except Sunwing have provided this all along. Sunwing now provides the Tourist Card.
    Thanks Blueceo, would appreciate first hand knowledge regarding U.S. and European Carriers.
    right Rec Vehicle

    we all knew about Cdn airlines - except Sunwing....
    but repetition is good for the memory

    Trying to be helpful.... as are you

  13. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just got back on a Pullmantur ship and they did not give out cards to anyone. Friends had to pay the 10 each but they let me and my wife in with an expired residency card and paperwork that the renewal is in progress.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •