Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    When you posted and mentioned you did the passport and residence card in one upload I was going to say something but it was too late. You have to do three separate scans and uploads. I did the same goof the first time but changed it just before I went to hit send. Something just told me do three as they ask and don't confuse the workers. :-)

I guess we will find out soon enough ............ Only thing is your ticket number on the scan will differ from the ticket number you entered?
    i scanned my boarding card coming into sdq. i don't have a ticket or a number because I get like an employee type ticket with just the reservation number.
    the 1st time something went wrong and there was no option to scan or send residency card.
    this time I uploaded 3 scans, passport, ticket and residency card. no answer yet.
    AZB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    i scanned my boarding card coming into sdq. i don't have a ticket or a number because I get like an employee type ticket with just the reservation number.
    the 1st time something went wrong and there was no option to scan or send residency card.
    this time I uploaded 3 scans, passport, ticket and residency card. no answer yet.
    AZB
    keep us posted, if doesnt work do it in one of their offices.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another little "Gotcha" on ticket prices

Just noticed the following "Notation" on American Airlines when putting a trip on 24 hrs hold.

I had to click on "Hold Details" to see the notation.

Purchase your trip with a credit card from the same country used to hold your trip or the fare may change.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    Just noticed the following "Notation" on American Airlines when putting a trip on 24 hrs hold.

I had to click on "Hold Details" to see the notation.
    always a scam with these airlines,,,,

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Executive Order 430-17 the tourist card fee of US$10 included in flight taxes.

Now included now in your flight taxes. you need to apply for refund if your are a resident or citizen. within 30 days of arriving to the DR.

https://www.dgii.gov.do/.../Reembols...strarReembolso

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!
    thanks for posting that....

7. Likes I love Azua, cavok liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canadandy View Post
    Now included now in your flight taxes. you need to apply for refund if your are a resident or citizen. within 30 days of arriving to the DR.

https://www.dgii.gov.do/.../Reembols...strarReembolso
    I applied online. I got a reply 2 weeks later. I needed to re-send flight info - airline, ticket number and page showing taxes paid. a couple days later got my approval confirmation. I opted for going to DGII office to collect funds. I went to the office. After asking 4 people they told me the person I need is not there today and to come back tomorrow. I said "No, it is not possible. really no one here and process this?" After 15 minutes I had the money in my hand. Still worth my time. but painful.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been discussed a lot before in another thread. But anyway, I have a booking to England and back to the DR and was going to try to recover the $10 when I return here. However, on checking the Eurowings paperwork, NOWHERE does it mention the tourist visa fee. It looks as if it will be impossible for me to claim a refund. What a scam!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default reading the fine print

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    This has been discussed a lot before in another thread. But anyway, I have a booking to England and back to the DR and was going to try to recover the $10 when I return here. However, on checking the Eurowings paperwork, NOWHERE does it mention the tourist visa fee. It looks as if it will be impossible for me to claim a refund. What a scam!
    Look for "L8" and whatever the equivalent is to 10.00 USD. For me it looked like this:

Tax (L8)2 x $13.00 CAD$26.00 CAD

or

fee calculation 31JUL YTO AC POP Q5.82Q9.31 102.45NUC117.58END ROE1.288406 XT 25.00SQ 24.90VB 22.00YQ 19.50UX 13.00L8

Also here is the link to the order :

http://www.dgii.gov.do/legislacion/n...ents/08-18.pdf

11. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i didn't get my money as I have no ticket number. I am delta companion of an employee and the ticket is paycheck deductible. dgii will not pay me because I don't have a ticket number. I have sent them scanned copy of my residencia, my arrival boarding card and all but i didn't get approved. to my surprise, dgii contacted delta airlines to confirm if I am a resident or not? delta office then contacted the employee to ask if I am a resident or not? Note: I have already sent them my residency card scan copy.
    so i just don't know what else to do.
    AZB

13. Likes bigbird liked this post
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast