Tourist Card Included in Ticket Price

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
With the new rule requiring the Airlines to give out Tourist Cards I'm looking to see if the U.S. and/or European Airlines are following through on this.
Sunwing has ponied up so all the Canadian Carriers now give out the Tourist Card so just looking for confirmation on the others. And are they still selling tourist cards at the airports?

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
I'm coming back on Tuesday from Orlando on American Airlines and will let you know what happens.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I've returned on several carriers from the states recently and they didn't give the tourist card. If. from the states you can purchase it online and then skip that line at the airports.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
With the new rule requiring the Airlines to give out Tourist Cards I'm looking to see if the U.S. and/or European Airlines are following through on this.
Sunwing has ponied up so all the Canadian Carriers now give out the Tourist Card so just looking for confirmation on the others. And are they still selling tourist cards at the airports?

On Canadian flights tourist cards have been handed out for a long time, included in the price.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

Canadian carriers have been including tourist cards for long time...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think the 'universal' providing of onboard tourist cards began April 1

DR seems to like April 1 introduction dates for some reason

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Yes Willy, why April Fools Day?
Gary, there is a new rule from 1 April that all carriers will provide the Tourist Card.
And yes folks, the Canadian Carriers except Sunwing have provided this all along. Sunwing now provides the Tourist Card.
Thanks Blueceo, would appreciate first hand knowledge regarding U.S. and European Carriers.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes Willy, why April Fools Day?
Gary, there is a new rule from 1 April that all carriers will provide the Tourist Card.
And yes folks, the Canadian Carriers except Sunwing have provided this all along. Sunwing now provides the Tourist Card.
Thanks Blueceo, would appreciate first hand knowledge regarding U.S. and European Carriers.

right Rec Vehicle

we all knew about Cdn airlines - except Sunwing....
but repetition is good for the memory

Trying to be helpful.... as are you

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I just got back on a Pullmantur ship and they did not give out cards to anyone. Friends had to pay the 10 each but they let me and my wife in with an expired residency card and paperwork that the renewal is in progress.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well--------- not April 1st..... 25th for new rules

Tourist cards to be billed with airline tickets
As of 25 April 2018 airline tickets sold for flights to the Dominican Republic will include the US$10 tourist card charge. The airlines are now designated to collect the fees on behalf of the Tax Agency (DGII). This will reduce the long lines at entry airports in the country and make for a better experience for the visitors.

Tickets sold in the Dominican Republic will not include the tourist card charge. Airline tickets purchased by in transit passengers are also exempt.

Tax Agency General Norm 08-2018 also establishes that Dominicans, residents in the Dominican Republic, and accredited diplomats and foreign consular staff can request a refund at DGII designated offices and online at the DGII website if the request is placed within the 30 days of the issuing of the paid ticket.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
........Tax Agency General Norm 08-2018 also establishes that Dominicans, residents in the Dominican Republic, and accredited diplomats and foreign consular staff can request a refund at DGII designated offices and online at the DGII website if the request is placed within the 30 days of the issuing of the paid ticket.

This should be fun trying to get a refund. If someone has the DGII website link for the refund application please post. Ten buck is ten bucks or a six pack with change.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm thinking that for most of us it won't be worth the time, effort, and gas money to even bother trying.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I'm thinking that for most of us it won't be worth the time, effort, and gas money to even bother trying.
........ probably so but if you can do it online i am wondering how they will refund your $10 USD

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
After requesting the refund online, you'll have to go to SD with photos, fingerprints, a good conduct certificate and submit a paper form requesting a refund. You will have to return to SD in 6 to 8 weeks to pickup your refund. You may or may not elect to pay a VIP fee for faster processing.

<typed completely tongue in cheek>

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
After requesting the refund online, you'll have to go to SD with photos, fingerprints, a good conduct certificate and submit a paper form requesting a refund. You will have to return to SD in 6 to 8 weeks to pickup your refund. You may or may not elect to pay a VIP fee for faster processing.

<typed completely tongue in cheek>

LOL, sounds about right. Northcoasters will also have to do an overnight stay in SD...............

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
This should be fun trying to get a refund. If someone has the DGII website link for the refund application please post. Ten buck is ten bucks or a six pack with change.

It's easy to find the link to purchase the tourist card on-line, but I don't see a link for refunds. Soon come? ;)

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Just arrived to Santo Domingo this afternoon on American Airlines and had to do the normal line and pay the $10 as usual. No changes yet.