Residency lawyer recommendation (UK citizen)

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
I am planning to apply for residency and looking for a lawyer, preferably one who has helped UK citizens. From previous threads Jenny Familia, Maria Abreu, or the Guzman Ariza company seem to be recommended. I would prefer to use a specific recommended person, so am slightly more inclined to go with Jenny Familia or Maria Abreu. I am not sure where Maria Abreu is based as the company has several offices. I am on the north coast but don’t mind travelling, even to Santo Domingo.

I would welcome any comments or advice.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If you want to consider Guzman Ariza, Licelotte Minaya is the lawyer in their Santo Domingo office that handles residencies.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Adrian, for your initial residency, using a big firm like Guzman is a good idea. They are very familiar with the continual changes in the requirements and have a paralegal at the immigration office daily. They are expensive but worth it. They also have an office in Sosua if you need to provide documents or talk with a person. The immigration contact is now Melisa Alcantara malcantara@drlawyer.com She usually responds to an email within 24 to 48 hours. You can say I recommended her. Judy Palmer

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I use Dolly Cabrera.  She's based in Santiago but has many clients on the North Coast.  I like her because she is very well connected within the immigration dept and her rates are very reasonable.  She is married to a Canadian and speaks English and French as well as Spanish.

dollycabrera@hotmail.com

gicamuci

Apr 15, 2014
If you want to consider Guzman Ariza, Licelotte Minaya is the lawyer in their Santo Domingo office that handles residencies.

Licelotte Minaya is not with Guzmán Ariza anymore. Instead the OP can contact Melisa Alcántara.