Looking for a reasonable restaurant to host kids from an orphanage and volunteer grou

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
Trying to plan a meal for about 40(kids and teens) in Santiago that is reasonably priced but has room for all of us Last week in June on a weeknight.
Ideas?
Thanks

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
Trying to plan a meal for about 40(kids and teens) in Santiago that is reasonably priced but has room for all of us Last week in June on a weeknight.
Ideas?
Thanks

Depending on the age of the kid, you could try mcDonalds, that way at least no one will get sick ( apart of a feeling of constipation after eating mcd burgers)

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
We have done that and the kids love it. I was hoping for something a little nicer.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
There are some rancho type places that could probably host your group - like an outdoor place. Pizarelli is always fun - there's one in the bravo and as long as the kids are small, they could play in the play area as well. I think with a reservation they could make it happen... There are a number of restaurants near the monument that are large enough to accomodate - especially if it were earlier in the evening (before dominican dinner rush) like the kukara makara. Also, possibly Carrito de Marchena which is close to PUCMM

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I would suggest that you check out BBQ Express in Los Jardines......plenty of room for the suggested party....really good food at extremely reasonable prices

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Depending on the age of the kid, you could try mcDonalds, that way at least no one will get sick ( apart of a feeling of constipation after eating mcd burgers)
Reminds me of when I was in elementary school. We'd have field trips and would have lunch there. Fond memories :)

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Ideas?
Thanks

Can't help much but give some ideas. That is a large group for a restaurant. McDonalds is a good idea but not sure if Micky D's could handle a group of 40.

Is it possible to do a day in a park with BBQ grill, burgers and dogs plus spend the day playing games?

Can the group be split into two different outings?

edit: see post #4 about the rancho places. That sounds ideal.

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
what park has grills I can use?

sorry can't help as I am Santo Domingo. If a park doesn't have a grill maybe buy one of those no frills cheapos to use for the day. A couple of Frisbees, a volleyball or two, kids should have a blast. I would think just a day out doing something different is enough to make any kid happy.

The rancho places would have everything you need but it becomes a question of transportation getting there. Maybe a local park might work better. All depending on budget.

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Ideas?
Thanks

Try talking to The owner of Rueben Parrilla in the Los Pinos section of Santiago. The name of the street escapes me, but it runs parrel to calle de sol.

Or Monchi Pizza. Just off Calle de sol. With 2 floors and a nice view. The best NY style Pizza I've had in DR. Av Juan Pablo Duarte, Santiago De Los Caballeros 51000, Dominican Republic

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...YPKEppoVsh7KjiMv0DPyJzcATG5Hx8Min04OnIFlquYq0

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Try talking to The owner of Rueben Parrilla in the Los Pinos section of Santiago. The name of the street escapes me, but it runs parrel to calle de sol.

Or Monchi Pizza. Just off Calle de sol. With 2 floors and a nice view. The best NY style Pizza I've had in DR. Av Juan Pablo Duarte, Santiago De Los Caballeros 51000, Dominican Republic

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...YPKEppoVsh7KjiMv0DPyJzcATG5Hx8Min04OnIFlquYq0

Here it is la esquina de ruben.... its very popular. Been there for years. A must for me whenever I'm in the area. The owners and great guy. And surprisingly they play alot of motown, jazz, and great mixture of music. Once a year (if I'm not mistaken) he has a great afro jazz concert.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/MobileQ...ros_Santiago_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018

Correct url..

Monchi Pizza

https://m.facebook.com/monchipizzeria/