Where to live in the DR

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
I'm trying to find some discussion on the advantages / disadvantages of living in various places in the DR. Does anyone know where such information can be found?

Thanks
Mike

hypolite

Apr 21, 2002
MikeKo,

I probably cannot help you in this, since I have only visited the DR once, but I was just curious as to what locations you are considering. North Coast, South Coast? Specific cities? Mountain regions, oceanside?

Like I said, I was just curious.
Claire

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Run a search....

on places such as Juan Dolio,Boca Chica, Santiago, Puerto Plate,Sosua, etc.
Lots in the archives and in the "Living" threads from this year.....
have fun reading!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The archives will most certainly be of help to you, but "advantages" and "disadvantages" are subjective terms. There are some things all would agree are pluses or minuses, but beyond that it depends on the individual. Once you have identified a short list of specific things you'd like in the area you live, you may wish to post the list for reaction. Before posting, however, work on your list so that it contains only your highest priorities.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It all depends on what you need to have

If you are going to be retired, there are some great places North or South.

Some of the 'inland' cities like Moca, La Vega, San Francisco or Santiago or Mao have some interesting points. So do jarabacoa or moncion or Constanza...It all depends on your needs....

Health concerns? Then Santo Domingo or Santiago.

Beaches? Anywhere, just about, on the coast.

Golf? POP, Santiago, Santo Domingo, Juan Dolio, La Romana, Bavaro.

Up to you...

HB