Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Movie ticket prices???

Hey guys, happy Sunday!

Quick question, what does it cost to go to the movies these days in Dom Rep?

Tickets, popcorn, soda, and other goodies... Trying to figure out what a night at the movies costs.

Just curious....

Thanks.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mekkizm View Post
    Hey guys, happy Sunday!

Quick question, what does it cost to go to the movies these days in Dom Rep?

Tickets, popcorn, soda, and other goodies... Trying to figure out what a night at the movies costs.

Just curious....

Thanks.
    Depends if you go on opening night and if you watch it in 3D. Normally goes from 150-300pp. Soft drink with hot dog or popcorn around 250. Www.caribbeancinemas.com

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Prices are less expensive comparatively than in US theaters. My kids saw Black Panther at Agora Mall on opening night, the equiv. of about US $5. Popcorn & drink was about US $2.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Prices are less expensive comparatively than in US theaters. My kids saw Black Panther at Agora Mall on opening night, the equiv. of about US $5. Popcorn & drink was about US $2.
    That's pretty good! I've actually been to that theater and can honestly say that I enjoy it very much.

The theaters here in NY are SO EXPENSIVE, I have been going less and less so this is something i look forward to in Dom Rep when Im here.

5. Likes beachcomber liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time I went to the movies in D.R., folks just talked and talked. They talked a lot. They would not shut up. Oh, yeah, they talked incessantly. Continuously. They talked non-stop for the duration of the film. They talked too much. They talked A LOT.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    Last time I went to the movies in D.R., folks just talked and talked. They talked a lot. They would not shut up. Oh, yeah, they talked incessantly. Continuously. They talked non-stop for the duration of the film. They talked too much. They talked A LOT.
    That sucks, but that seems like an isolated incident, I've been several times a few years back and never had an issue.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    I would never go to a movie here. The people talk all through it. Seems like you noticed that as well, something tells me. The cheapness of the price does not make up for it.

9. Likes Lucifer liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to Plaza International and the people in front of us were taking selfies with their flash. The girl next to us was texting and the light on her phone was quite bright. The family next to us were talking in the boring parts of the film but they were the quietest parts.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We go every 2 weeks or so in Bavaro and other than a few exceptions I can't say I've been overly bothered by others. Then again, we get a mix of locals and foreigners so that might help...

12. Likes CFA123 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's a case by case basis, I have been to a few theaters (few years ago) and can't say I had any issues with talkers or selfie takers but I can see how that would suck. Nonetheless I wont let that stop me from enjoying a movie while in the country.

14. Likes CFA123 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast