Movie ticket prices???

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Hey guys, happy Sunday!

Quick question, what does it cost to go to the movies these days in Dom Rep?

Tickets, popcorn, soda, and other goodies... Trying to figure out what a night at the movies costs.

Just curious....

Thanks.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Hey guys, happy Sunday!

Quick question, what does it cost to go to the movies these days in Dom Rep?

Tickets, popcorn, soda, and other goodies... Trying to figure out what a night at the movies costs.

Just curious....

Thanks.
Depends if you go on opening night and if you watch it in 3D. Normally goes from 150-300pp. Soft drink with hot dog or popcorn around 250. Www.caribbeancinemas.com

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

JimW

May 21, 2014
Prices are less expensive comparatively than in US theaters. My kids saw Black Panther at Agora Mall on opening night, the equiv. of about US $5. Popcorn & drink was about US $2.

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Prices are less expensive comparatively than in US theaters. My kids saw Black Panther at Agora Mall on opening night, the equiv. of about US $5. Popcorn & drink was about US $2.

That's pretty good! I've actually been to that theater and can honestly say that I enjoy it very much.

The theaters here in NY are SO EXPENSIVE, I have been going less and less so this is something i look forward to in Dom Rep when Im here.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Last time I went to the movies in D.R., folks just talked and talked. They talked a lot. They would not shut up. Oh, yeah, they talked incessantly. Continuously. They talked non-stop for the duration of the film. They talked too much. They talked A LOT.

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Last time I went to the movies in D.R., folks just talked and talked. They talked a lot. They would not shut up. Oh, yeah, they talked incessantly. Continuously. They talked non-stop for the duration of the film. They talked too much. They talked A LOT.

That sucks, but that seems like an isolated incident, I've been several times a few years back and never had an issue.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I would never go to a movie here. The people talk all through it. Seems like you noticed that as well, something tells me. The cheapness of the price does not make up for it.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
We went to Plaza International and the people in front of us were taking selfies with their flash. The girl next to us was texting and the light on her phone was quite bright. The family next to us were talking in the boring parts of the film but they were the quietest parts.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
We go every 2 weeks or so in Bavaro and other than a few exceptions I can't say I've been overly bothered by others. Then again, we get a mix of locals and foreigners so that might help...

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
I guess it's a case by case basis, I have been to a few theaters (few years ago) and can't say I had any issues with talkers or selfie takers but I can see how that would suck. Nonetheless I wont let that stop me from enjoying a movie while in the country.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I do matinees. Nobody here likes to go to the movies a 2-3 in the afternoon. I usually have the whole theater to myself. Even better when I sit in VIP.

I go almost every week.

suavena

Jan 27, 2009
I do matinees. Nobody here likes to go to the movies a 2-3 in the afternoon. I usually have the whole theater to myself. Even better when I sit in VIP.

I go almost every week.

Sunday matinees in Santiago, Las Colinas movie theater was the best. Back when Santiago was clean, beautiful and Free of the peaceful invasion.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I would never go to a movie here. The people talk all through it. Seems like you noticed that as well, something tells me. The cheapness of the price does not make up for it.

Same thing happens in Puerto Rican theaters.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I rarely go to the moves however when I do go I prefer the VIP. Unfortunately the last 2 times I went to a movie in Bella Vista the VIP was closed.

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
I rarely go to the moves however when I do go I prefer the VIP. Unfortunately the last 2 times I went to a movie in Bella Vista the VIP was closed.

VIP??? please elaborate more. Price, what this includes and are the seats better?

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014

True. 

Cost of Star Wars 3D  Punta Cana cinema -Dec 2017- 2 adults 2 kids -with popcorn,drinks etc = 2,000 pesos  , 40 usd

Cost of  Black Panther 3D  Miami cinema -  last week  - 2 adults 2 kids -with popcorn,drinks etc = 140 usd , 6900 pesos

Slept through both movies..

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
VIP??? please elaborate more. Price, what this includes and are the seats better?

It's been a while so I don't remember. Maybe another 200 pesos, I'm sure someone is more up on the pricing.
The seats are much better and there is cocktail service.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I don't remember ever seeing Bella Vista VIP.

I go to Downtown Center now. VIP has leather recliners and waiter service before the movie, and you can order food items like wraps, sushi, sandwiches and a bunch of other stuff.

Parking is less of a PITA than Bella Vista too.