Money transfer from UK (EUR) to DR (USD)

fido

Jun 18, 2015
greetings everyone!

What is everyone using to transfer money from the UK in EUR to a USD bank account in the DR (Banco Santa Cruz in this case).

So I have been using Azimo for transfers but they have turned into crap recently and I was looking for other alternatives. When I transfer from Azimo, the recipient usually get charges around $30 USD, which is fine. They do charge a fee, which is around 9-15 EUR depending on the amount and their exchange rate is I would say not that bad. I have seen in older post people mention XE, currencies direct and the like, but wanted to get a more updated answer from anyone doing it currently. Thanks a lot for the input!

Alan Read

Jun 11, 2007
We use XE sometimes for paying USD into account, or, more frequently World Remit for cash collection in pesos from DR Bank - fair rates and very low charges and, with cash collection, no receiving bank fees !

fido

Jun 18, 2015
Hi Alan, thanks for the input. So, with XE you can turn from EUR in UK to a USD bank account into DR ? Unfortunatelly, cash collection in DR pesos is not an option, either way the receiving funds must always be in USD and I see World Remit only allows you to receive in DR pesos.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
FWIW
last wire we sent from UK, we exchanged at the point of delivery not Barclay's who were much more expensive

Not to DR....another island

so check the rate at both ends

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
greetings everyone!

What is everyone using to transfer money from the UK in EUR to a USD bank account in the DR (Banco Santa Cruz in this case).

So I have been using Azimo for transfers but they have turned into crap recently and I was looking for other alternatives. When I transfer from Azimo, the recipient usually get charges around $30 USD, which is fine. They do charge a fee, which is around 9-15 EUR depending on the amount and their exchange rate is I would say not that bad. I have seen in older post people mention XE, currencies direct and the like, but wanted to get a more updated answer from anyone doing it currently. Thanks a lot for the input!

I find the best way to transfer money is to have a UK debit card here and deposit in the uk and spend here.  Much cheaper than transfers.