fraud lawyer

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Does anyone know a good lawyer who specializes in fraud cases, Cabarete, Sosua

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Does anyone know a good lawyer who specializes in fraud cases, Cabarete, Sosua

That is a dicey topic. Lawyer and fraud in the DR can be the same thing. You need to be very careful who you choose. I would stick to someone from one of the Guzman firms. You should be able to find them on-line. They must have an office in POP. They may be a little more expensive but they are trustworthy and will get you results.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That is a dicey topic. Lawyer and fraud in the DR can be the same thing. You need to be very careful who you choose. I would stick to someone from one of the Guzman firms. You should be able to find them on-line. They must have an office in POP. They may be a little more expensive but they are trustworthy and will get you results.

A lot depends on the value of the fraud. If it's mucho "cuarto" get a lawyer, but if it's only a thousand or so you may want to consider chalking it up to "life experiences"

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Do not waste your time and money trying to collect.
But, keep in mind that every transaction you try to do will be more than expected simply because you are a target.

Russell

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
unfortunately it is more like a thousand

Like I said, your best bet is to write it off to life experiences.

I don't know your circumstances, but maybe you could throw up a "Watch out for this guy" post on Facebook or some other social site, or something to that effect.

Better, one post that describes how you got screwed "but you won't mention any names" type of post and another post after that one naming the person with a " zero stars rating for work done" type of scenario.

That way you're not calling the person a fraud, but any intelligent person will put 2 and 2 together.