Buying apartment

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hi
Im preparing to buy apartments

Would someone kindly state what documents are needed to correctly transfer the title into my name

How do i ensure all documents are correct and are from the SELLER with the SELLERS name on them, how can i be sure the lawyer will pay them?
Serious answers only

Thanks

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Hi
Im preparing to buy apartments

Would someone kindly state what documents are needed to correctly transfer the title into my name

How do i ensure all documents are correct and are from the SELLER with the SELLERS name on them, how can i be sure the lawyer will pay them?
Serious answers only

Thanks

If you're buying property down here and you want to make sure everything is correct - make sure you get a good lawyer. The required documents can vary depending on the type of property and how it was held.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
If you're buying property down here and you want to make sure everything is correct - make sure you get a good lawyer. The required documents can vary depending on the type of property and how it was held.

Precisely correct.......the choice of atty. is what all depends on.........it can either be smooth sailing or a costly nighmare........make sure title is double and tripple reviewed.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Case in Point

The Central Bank sold a property (large one) and guaranteed the title.
Several years later, it turns out there was a problem with that title... I don't know the specifics..

But the 'fix' was 44,000,000 pesos... for the portion of the property in question.

Mistakes regarding title can be anywhere... & happen to any body

The 1st property I attempted to buy here in RD..
The lawyer (Julio Brea) called at noon on the day of closing - after I had flown down to attend -
to say it wouldn't be happening... no deal. too messy

I insisted I wasn't in rush... we'll wait

'You'll be dead before this resolves itself'....
Look for another property - was his advice

True story....