In need of VIP Taxi phone or web site

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What do mean by VIP, do you need an Escalade with bulletproof windows?
Any Taxi Turistica at POP airport can take you, the rates are posted.

email these guys and they will stand there with a sign for the same price.
taxisosuacabarete@hotmail . com

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not everyone wishes to have someone sit on their lap for 50 pesos. Not everyone going to the airport has only a small carry-on satchel. The people in the trunk of a publico won't be to keen to share their space with a suitcase or two.

From downtown POP to the airport, I'd use Uber. No potential disagreement on the fare, no need to negotiate a fare, a relatively safe vehicle and it's all mine just for me and my things.

A tourist taxi will cost much more than Uber. A local dedicated taxi is pretty much a hit & miss affair as to whether the brakes, doors, or A/C will work.

To each their own based on their means and expectations.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not everyone wishes to have someone sit on their lap for 50 pesos. Not everyone going to the airport has only a small carry-on satchel. The people in the trunk of a publico won't be to keen to share their space with a suitcase or two.

From downtown POP to the airport, I'd use Uber. No potential disagreement on the fare, no need to negotiate a fare, a relatively safe vehicle and it's all mine just for me and my things.

A tourist taxi will cost much more than Uber. A local dedicated taxi is pretty much a hit & miss affair as to whether the brakes, doors, or A/C will work.

To each their own based on their means and expectations.

I agree, I'd do UBER as well.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
VIP is a new taxi service I've seen here in POP over the past year or so. I used them last year, mis placed their number. They charge 1,000 peso's, nice driver, new car.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Uber uses an app you can download from Google Play for android phones and the Apple store.