NETHERLANDS FOOD

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Good day,

I grew up around Netherlands Food.......2 items I miss tremendously.....Frikandels and Hela Curry Ketchup.........any idea at all if these are obtainable on the Island......Years before Chalet Suizo (Santo Domingo) had a small but highly desirable collection of Euro items......Now no more.....

Thank you.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
IKEA in SD has small place inside the store close to cahsiers with stuffs from Holland, maybe there you can get some. Not sure about what kind of products they have inside never been so curios to go inside and check.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
IKEA in SD has small place inside the store close to cahsiers with stuffs from Holland, maybe there you can get some. Not sure about what kind of products they have inside never been so curios to go inside and check.

No...it is almost exclusively Swedish....I am a regular customer there and particularly enjoy the Hering in Mustard Sauce and the Chocolate there........also sometimes they have Lakritz which is always a treat.......But, none of the items above from the Netherlands.....

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Good day,

I grew up around Netherlands Food.......2 items I miss tremendously.....Frikandels and Hela Curry Ketchup.........any idea at all if these are obtainable on the Island......Years before Chalet Suizo (Santo Domingo) had a small but highly desirable collection of Euro items......Now no more.....

Thank you.

What about:

Goulash Kroketten
Bitterballen
Kibbelingen
Lekkerbekkies
Hollandse Nieuwe
Rookworst v/d Hema
Poffertjes
Stroopwafels

...and not to forget the Chinese Restaurants (nothing to do what they have here!)

frikandel-speciaal.jpg

60418_fullimage_dutch_poffertjes.jpg

25230185670_40f83a5baa_c.jpg

de-schotel-met-nederlandse-traditionele-snack-bitterballen-met-een-nederlandse-vlag-88509992.jpg

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
stroopwafels are available. i bought them in la sirena, jumbo and el nacional.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Good day,

Thank you.

Was it in the Netherlands you grew up?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and thanks for reminding me about poffertjes. i made them once, on a normal pan but they came out very delish. i just bought buckwheat flour again so will make them this coming sunday...

Ret.Cop

Jun 17, 2017
Yes sir :)

I think the moderator will remove all our posts...

Naaah.................Don't think so. Everybody loves the Dutch. We gave the Americans so many things before we sold New Amsterdam ( New York ) to the English and look what a mass they made of it.