Hi readers and writers

Beachboy

Apr 29, 2018
Graham Crowson signing in as a new guy to DR1. I am retired, just purchased (last year) in Cocotal, Bavaro. Although been around this area 2 years off and on checking things out.

I was born British, and moved to Brampton, On. Canada when I was 32. Kind of stayed around there until 65, playing in production engineering. Utterly beautiful people and country but had no desire to retire and endure those winters, and once found my slice of paradise decided to sell up last year and commit to living the dream here, as a single guy.

I am just about to start the painful process (to me) of renewing my temporary residential visa for the 3rd time – those guys are always changing the rules to mess me up, as I haven’t been able to make much progress in absorbing the Spanish language, it can be a challenge - too many dead brain cells I guess. Any big changes from last year for me to comprehend before I start the process? Would appreciate a heads up guys. Got my new cedula last year in Veron. Is Bavaro office for residential visa open?
Thanks for reading

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Welcome aboard. There are a few threads on residency renewal that are active the last few weeks. A lot of what you want to know is in those threads. Click on new posts and go to 7 days. Its a lot easier than trying to search something here.

You may have set a record on DR1 by having your first post disliked. Hopefully it was fat fingers on small keys but if you hang around long enough there is no shortage of strangeoids on DR1.

There is a DGM office right behind the Wendy's in PC. Its on the second floor next to Marsh. If you get lucky there is a English speaking lady there that is very helpful. The bad news is you have to go to STQ for the residency card. I just went through my 3rd permanent card process so if you PM me after your 10 posts I will let you know what I know. William Webster and Cavok have also just done this so they will probably be helpful as well.

Good luck with your decision to move here and I wish you all the best.

Beachboy

Apr 29, 2018
Thank you for the info melphis, I will follow your advice and check out your recommendations, and visit DGM office in PC shortly too (with a Spanish speaking friend - just incase I'm not lucky). Wow, disliked already, what did I do........