DR requiring cedula # on mundanza shipments

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Don't know how they can use the Cedula # for any form of identification in this country...My wife and I are on our 3rd set and the numbers are not the same as the previous 2. Go figure.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Don't know how they can use the Cedula # for any form of identification in this country...My wife and I are on our 3rd set and the numbers are not the same as the previous 2. Go figure.

I didn’t realize they changed for some, my husband has had same number for decades.  

All this sounds good until you realize you can’t ship to someone without a Cedula. I guess in that case they’ll have to borrow the number of a neighbor or friend.  

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... This is a result of the recent confiscation of about 1.4 million dollars hidden in barrels shipped to DR

So, they are holding the money until they can find the rightful owner to give it to? :smoke:

I don´t see how that's going to help, they make fake documents of everything already.
Providing a name and cedula does not prove who is really getting the shipment.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I didn’t realize they changed for some, my husband has had same number for decades.  

All this sounds good until you realize you can’t ship to someone without a Cedula. I guess in that case they’ll have to borrow the number of a neighbor or friend.  

I have the same one I have had since 92 did not know they change. did have a difference between my residency and cedula once but that was a mistake at immigration quickly fixed,

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
People that work for me have had the same Cedula number for 40 years.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

My wife was issued her second cedula a couple of years ago, after having her first one for more than 10 years, and her number did not change either...

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
Passport numbers do, so why not a cedula?

As many are regularly pointing out, things be changin' around here... :alien:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

The only thing that changes on your Cedula is the date................

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

National Identities don't change --- normally

like a Social Security Number....... for life... dates change...married names

never the number.............

Passport is a travel document that nobody is required to have, as you normally only need that, as the name says, for traveling. Cedula is, as WW points out above, national identity document. I have one also from my country, and the number is directly tight to my date of birth. If that number would change, that would mean pretty much like assuming new identity. I would not like that... My passport number means nothing to me (as such), and does indeed change when I'm issued a new passport.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I foresee a large increase in gardeners and nannies receiving boxes and barrels from the US.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My Ontario drivers license has been the same since I was 16 -
including a lapse of 20+ yrs.... it came back

The RD system may be no different... how the cedula can change is beyond me