Does any one knows Saba De la Mar

marianela

Feb 5, 2002
Hello world travelers...
I have a question has anyone ever been to Sabana de la mar?
I'm planing to go there and enjoy the Eco tourisum that they offer in the area..like Los Haitises, Cayo le vanto....and I will be staying in el publito 2 t blocks walking distance from the beach..
please tell me all you can about this little Publito..
your help is greatly appreciated....

Thanks in Advance..... ;-)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Los Haitises National Park is west of Sabana de la Mar. Still pretty much in natural state except for grafiti on the walls of the caves. Cayo Levantado is in the Bay of Samana. From an ecotourism standpoint, best thing to do on Cayo Levantado is to take the walk that crosses the small island the long way. You see very interesting trees and some examples of the trees that once covered Samana Peninsuala before they were cut down many years ago to build ships, build houses, make matches, etc. The palm trees that now abound came later. Most were planted during the war years because products useful to war effort could be made from the coconuts. Cayo Levantado has been a popular tourist trip for visitors from Puerto Plata, etc., but many of these companies have stopped sending their passengers there because island overrun with vendors and little being done to keep the beaches clean.