Wedding in Punta Cana

Tersh

Apr 29, 2002
My fiancee and I have decided to get married in Punta Cana this November. Unfortunately, I don't travel well. I am very worried about getting sick. I have been to Cancun before and was very cautious about the food/water. But, I have heard MANY cases of illness in the DR. Why is this?

Second question. We will be staying at the RIU Bambu and I was wondering if anyone had stayed there. Also was wondering if there is a medical facility there and if it is American or Canadian.

Thanks
Tersh

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Don't worry, Think about the Wonderful Wedding

Tersh, don't get yourself too concerned about the food or water. The food is good. Just take reasonable precautions. Water, drink bottled water. I'm sure the other posters will come up with more advice and please check the DR1 archives for more information about this matter.

Most of the hotels and resorts have doctors on site or on call. Also, there is a brand new private hospital in Punta Cana, only five minutes from the airport. I believe the name of the place is Hospiten. There is Spanish/English/French/German/Italian speaking staff. Regards, PJT