Denny's Closed Its Doors....

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm surprised that Denny's lasted as long as it did. Not exactly fine dining.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
the difference between Denny's in the US and here are prices. Always way more here for food that is not up to US standards. And who needs Denny's anyway.................

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Why would anyone go the DENNY's in the DR ???
I never understood that . and like KFC ?/ lmao why ?

potus

Dec 27, 2015
People can't afford it, its that simple.

Exactly. I went once after visiting a Million times in the USA.......The prices knocked me off my socks, the service was terrible and the waffles stale.........terrible experience........

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
the difference between Denny's in the US and here are prices. Always way more here for food that is not up to US standards. And who needs Denny's anyway.................

Well pretty much be making breakfast at home now-probably better anyways-but there are really no real breakfast places left here.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
....maybe a hooters will immigrate from the USA.....

...plenty of waitress available here.....

It might actually not be a bad idea. I remember when Hooters Panama opened in 2007, many people thought it wouldn't work. Eleven years later and they're still open. I believe it could work in Santo Domingo.
Next time somebody comes with a question on this board about what business to open, here we have the $20 million answer. ;)

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
It might actually not be a bad idea. I remember when Hooters Panama opened in 2007, many people thought it wouldn't work. Eleven years later and they're still open. I believe it could work in Santo Domingo.
Next time somebody comes with a question on this board about what business to open, here we have the $20 million answer. ;)

I remember "Booties"....Los minas?....Alma Rosa??....

Long time ago....

Same concept.....different body part......

Pretty hilarious.........

Doubt they are still there.......

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Already have a Hooters in Acropolis on churchill.
https://www.facebook.com/hootersdr/

Nals

It was a hooters knockoff if you talking about the ones on San Vicente and the Malecon by Malecon center. After hooters came down on them the name was changed to Booties. Had a client whose neighbor is the photographer for Hooters she sent him pictures of the one on the Malecon along with photos of their merchandise. shortly thereafter the name was changed to booties.
Kind of reminiscent of the McDowell's on churchill with the golden arches. Is now a McDonalds.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
There is still one Denny's left and its open 24 hours a day. As mentioned already it was way overpriced for this country and they always ran out of food. Where are the hash browns? They would respond, "well its imported and we ran out." That made me abandon the place. Besides that location sucks for the conde and pancakes and eggs shouldnt cost 10 bucks anywhere. I dont know if any business will strive in that location. Hard Rock bounced to the mall and now Denny's folded. Im glad though I hate these places that charge american prices but pay Dominican salaries. I think thats so crooked.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Why would anyone go the DENNY's in the DR ???
I never understood that . and like KFC ?/ lmao why ?

Why? cause I live in the DR and I miss that greasy taste from home. Each trip to Santo Domingo I stopped by Denny's for my grease. I was always the only customer in there. When you live here full time you really need that crap once in a while. I was never a KFC guy though.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
There is still one Denny's left and its open 24 hours a day. As mentioned already it was way overpriced for this country and they always ran out of food. Where are the hash browns? They would respond, "well its imported and we ran out." That made me abandon the place. Besides that location sucks for the conde and pancakes and eggs shouldnt cost 10 bucks anywhere. I dont know if any business will strive in that location. Hard Rock bounced to the mall and now Denny's folded. Im glad though I hate these places that charge american prices but pay Dominican salaries. I think thats so crooked.

So the one on the El Conde in ZC is still open? What about the one in Punta Cana? There used to be one at the Airport Las Americas, but I think it is gone now?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Why? cause I live in the DR and I miss that greasy taste from home. Each trip to Santo Domingo I stopped by Denny's for my grease. I was always the only customer in there. When you live here full time you really need that crap once in a while. I was never a KFC guy though.

U see, this here is exactly why I could never be more than a Snow Bird in the DR... The moment I start to crave something like a Denny's Grand Slam I would know its time to hop on that plane back home.
Only American Chain food I have ever touched in the DR was one time at Burger King at a Gas station of all places, and as I recall we spent like $100 there for our group, I dont even know how such a thing is possible but we managed it .
And Nathans , leaving out of STI . No other " American" chain food ever interested me while in the DR..
I do believe however , if someone were silly enough with their money to open a Mc Donald's on Pedro C, that place would be jam packed , every Thurs through Sunday