Where To Start?

Emma

Apr 29, 2002
My family would like to buy a property in Sosua soon, but we haven't a clue where adn how to start looking. We have been out there many times, and want to invest over there, but don't know where to start. Any one got any ideas? Thanks.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
There are plenty of places right on the web to do this. Do a search for "Sosua Real Estate". There are a bunch of brokers on the web.

There are good buys in Sosua. Coconut Palms between Sosua and Cabarete a condo with 2 bedrooms for 29000 dollars for instance. When I look into what these places rent for and then figure the interest rate I get on Peso's over there and the fact that this apartment sold for 40,000 at one point I think it is better to rent this apartment instead for 325 a month and NOT buy it.

It has taken me 2 years to realize that real estate may not make sense in the DR at this point. Interest rates on Mortgages run between 17-22 percent and up to 40 percent if your credit isn't great. I am in the Real Estate Business in NY.

FWIW

Regards
Scott

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in Sosua. The two principal realtors are Perdomo, which represents Century 21, and Bommarito, which represents Remax. A good person for you to contact is Dean Brown of Perdomo/Century 21, an American expatriate. You can reach him at wandabrown@codetel.net.do.

We own a condo in El Neptuno. This should be one of the places you consider unless by property you mean you want to buy land. El Neptuno was built to American standards so that the condos are larger than those in other complexes. The neighborhood is very quiet, even though only 2 blocks from the center of town. Because of its location you can easily walk to all the services. We don't own a car and feel no need to own one.

If I can help in any other way, let me know.

Ken

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey, fat loud guy!!

Remember I invited you to go up the line with us on Saturday??

what's up? We gonna do it?

Hey, sell these people JJ's old place before it falls down!

HB
needs_a_shave.gif