information

ian

Apr 30, 2002
Can anyone tell me what Riu Merengue hotel is like, me and the wife will be going there in june,we never been to the Dr before so is there anythink we should taKE there with us,and what should we look at for...........

Cheers ian

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sunscreen (30+)
Zinc Oxide

Some bug spray if you are going to walk around in the evenings with shorts on. OFF or something like that.

Some money.

A light windbreaker of sweater for places that are A/C Dominicans love COLD A/C.. Buses and so forth.

Look around the site, plenty to see and do there.

HB
cool.gif

ian

Apr 30, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Sunscreen (30+)
Zinc Oxide

Some bug spray if you are going to walk around in the evenings with shorts on. OFF or something like that.

Some money.

A light windbreaker of sweater for places that are A/C Dominicans love COLD A/C.. Buses and so forth.

Look around the site, plenty to see and do there.

HB
cool.gif

What do you need Zinc Oxide for???is it a nice place for your first trip there...........

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
The zinc oxide if for where you miss with the sunscreen...

My self I just use Vaseline Intensive Care lotion when I get a bad sunburn (which happens more often than not even with sunscreen because my skin is so fair!!).
You might also want to bring some PeptoBismol (Bismuth) for stomach upsets.....most people are not used to eating/drinking all the great fruit and fruit juices available in the DR. and the excess Vitamin C can cause stomach upset.
It's a GREAT place to visit (the DR anyway-not sure about the resort having never been there....).
Look forward to beautiful weather,gorgeous beaches,spectacular sunsets, friendly people and lively music!!

gaiazoom

Mar 2, 2002
Nice though far...

Hello Ian!

The RIU complex in Puerto Plata is very nice. Good food and service. The only thing I don't like is that the hotels are rather far from the city of Puerto Plata, meaning you will have to take a taxi or an excursion to go there.

But, like I said, it is a good complex. I particularly love breakfast there.

Happy holidays!

Gaiazoom

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
A quick tip to those of you who forget to pack the "AfterSun" lotion - try using the local Yogurt!!! Cools the skin temperature down beautifully, is a good moisturiser & is FANTASTIC for the boy/girl friend to lick off later (Or hubby/wife if married - sort of re-kindles a few fires!!).
For mosquito bites, try the local Vanilla essence - it doesn't stop the mosquitos biting but it DOES stop the irritation & desire to scratch! It is VERY cheap here, about 8 pesos for a smallish bottle & 12 - 16 pesos for a LARGE bottle.

Anyone got other "Local knowledge" medical suggestions?? - B^_^B