Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Transfer from DR to Canada

22 years in the DR and have never had to transfer money outside the DR lol So at a total loss as to what the best option is. I only have pesos accounts in the DR (Scotiabank and BHDLeon along with US credit cards at both) and have a CAD account in Canada (mom has a USD account if needed). Amount will be around 4000CAD.

What option would you recommend for best exchange rate+fee?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Your options may be limited....
    But ScotiaBank will be your best bet, I guess.

Give them a try.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    22 years in the DR and have never had to transfer money outside the DR lol So at a total loss as to what the best option is. I only have pesos accounts in the DR (Scotiabank and BHDLeon along with US credit cards at both) and have a CAD account in Canada (mom has a USD account if needed). Amount will be around 4000CAD.

You can wire the money from your DR bank to your Canadian Bank. Fee will be around USD$35. You will need the bank account number from you Canadian bank plus their SWIFT number. Easily done.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    You can wire the money from your DR bank to your Canadian Bank. Fee will be around USD$35. You will need the bank account number from you Canadian bank plus their SWIFT number. Easily done.
    Terrific. Thanks!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post

Wire Transfer,
    Your Dominican bank will convert DOP to USD wire to their intermediary bank in the US from there to your Canadian
    Account.

6. Likes KateP liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Tropical View Post
    Wire Transfer,
    Your Dominican bank will convert DOP to USD wire to their intermediary bank in the US from there to your Canadian
    Account.

Anybody care to elaborate on the best way of sending money from Canada to a recipient in the Dr without using Western Union?

Thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philosopher View Post
    Anybody care to elaborate on the best way of sending money from Canada to a recipient in the Dr without using Western Union?

Thanks

Wire money from your bank all the fees depend on wich bank is your saving account, but I think using western union to send money to Canada its way more expensive than wire over transfer banks because Western Union charge a lot to send from here.

To make the transfer from a saving account you need to get the SWIFF information from the bank that will receive they money and the account number and name of the person that will receive it. Without that information you wont be able to wire the money as a banking transfer.