Transfer from DR to Canada

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
22 years in the DR and have never had to transfer money outside the DR lol So at a total loss as to what the best option is. I only have pesos accounts in the DR (Scotiabank and BHDLeon along with US credit cards at both) and have a CAD account in Canada (mom has a USD account if needed). Amount will be around 4000CAD.

What option would you recommend for best exchange rate+fee?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
22 years in the DR and have never had to transfer money outside the DR lol So at a total loss as to what the best option is. I only have pesos accounts in the DR (Scotiabank and BHDLeon along with US credit cards at both) and have a CAD account in Canada (mom has a USD account if needed). Amount will be around 4000CAD.

You can wire the money from your DR bank to your Canadian Bank. Fee will be around USD$35. You will need the bank account number from you Canadian bank plus their SWIFT number. Easily done.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You can wire the money from your DR bank to your Canadian Bank. Fee will be around USD$35. You will need the bank account number from you Canadian bank plus their SWIFT number. Easily done.
Terrific. Thanks!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Wire Transfer,
Your Dominican bank will convert DOP to USD wire to their intermediary bank in the US from there to your Canadian
Account.

philosopher

Jul 7, 2010
Wire Transfer,
Your Dominican bank will convert DOP to USD wire to their intermediary bank in the US from there to your Canadian
Account.

Anybody care to elaborate on the best way of sending money from Canada to a recipient in the Dr without using Western Union?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Anybody care to elaborate on the best way of sending money from Canada to a recipient in the Dr without using Western Union?

Wire money from your bank all the fees depend on wich bank is your saving account, but I think using western union to send money to Canada its way more expensive than wire over transfer banks because Western Union charge a lot to send from here.

To make the transfer from a saving account you need to get the SWIFF information from the bank that will receive they money and the account number and name of the person that will receive it. Without that information you wont be able to wire the money as a banking transfer.