5 Star place to stay in Jarabacoa?

My friends want to go to jarabacoa for a few days and they want NICE and I am having a hard time finding a really nice place. 
Does anyone know of or stayed at a really nice Hotel there?  I saw Hotel Gran Jimenoa and that looks decent enough but I know they may want nicer.  
Any help would be appreciated. Ty :) 

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Gran Jimenoa is as nice as it gets in Jarabacoa. It's a lovely place.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Gran Jimenoa is as nice as it gets in Jarabacoa. It's a lovely place.

Yes it is nice but far from a 5*. As said, Gran Jimenoa is bout nice as it gets.

@HarleysRock tell yours friends there are NO 5* hotels in Jarabacoa. Now I have seen online some 5* Villas you can rent for the week but that ain't Hotel living.

Jarabacoa River Club is also nice but a little bit away from the center of town.

http://riverclubjarabacoa.com/

If you decide on Gran Jimenoa do your best to get a river view room second level, real nice.

Pinar Dorado is also nice, again no where near 5*. I prefer Pinar Dorado to Gran Jimenoa, just me...……..

https://www.ranchobaiguate.com/english/lodging/pinar_dorado.htm

Jan 9, 2004
My friends want to go to jarabacoa for a few days and they want NICE and I am having a hard time finding a really nice place. 
Does anyone know of or stayed at a really nice Hotel there?  I saw Hotel Gran Jimenoa and that looks decent enough but I know they may want nicer.  

And for food and flight..............have them go to Alta Vista restaurant. Excellent food and they can rent the Bell helicopter there for a little sightseeing...........quite the experience.

CB can chime in with further excellent restaurant choices up in the mountains..........complete with spectacular views.

As has been pointed out........true 5 star accommodations are an unlikely find in Jarabacoa......but what is up there is definitely worth the trip.

It is part of the hidden DR for most tourists...........that the DR Ferrari class knows well.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
i stayed at the Gran Jimenoa and at Jarabacoa River Club and had no complaints with either ....not 5 star but clean and comfortable and would return to either
I do not think you will find a 5 star hotel in jarabacoa

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Gran Jimenoa is a couple of clicks above the River Club based on service and location.

However, the River Club us nice.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Rent a home ...

Rent a home on Airbnb, most include a maid and there are many options out there, much better than any hotel in Jarabacoa.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It’s not for me, I don’t have 5 Star funds anymore! lol   
I’ve been lots of times to Jarabacoa but have never stayed the night. 
I love the revoking restaurant, I go there everytime but can never remember the bloody name. Aroma de Montaña??
I’ll report back when they go :)

That’s the one, amazing views!  Unfortunately, it wasn’t revolving when we were there

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002

Where did they wind up staying?

I'm looking to go there on a future trip. I'm open to suggestions. It doesn't need to be a luxury hotel.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Where did they wind up staying?

I'm looking to go there on a future trip. I'm open to suggestions. It doesn't need to be a luxury hotel.
There is nothiong nicer than the Gran Jimenoa in Jarabacoa.

Oct 28, 2011
JAMACA HOSPITALIDAD

There is nothiong nicer than the Gran Jimenoa in Jarabacoa.

Check out this web if you want to stay in the area of the restaurant with a view...jamacahospitalidad.com

Some beautiful homes and rooms in homes in the Jamaca de Dios Development where Aroma de la Montana is located.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Check out this web if you want to stay in the area of the restaurant with a view...jamacahospitalidad.com

Some beautiful homes and rooms in homes in the Jamaca de Dios Development where Aroma de la Montana is located.
Beautiful view from up there. Went last year. Breathtaking!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

You guys have the best restaurant in town, without a doubt. But no real hotel, just villas.

After the legal debacle with the former owner, is a hotel still planned for the development?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

Aroma de la Montana is the best restaurant in town, without a doubt. But no real hotel, just villas.

After the ugly legal debacle with the former owner which may be still ongoing, do you know if a hotel still planned for the development?

Oct 28, 2011
Aroma de la Montana is the best restaurant in town, without a doubt. But no real hotel, just villas.

After the ugly legal debacle with the former owner which may be still ongoing, do you know if a hotel still planned for the development?

The legal issues will be resolved in the coming months, but no hotel planned...

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I really don't think anyone could describe Gran Jimenoa as luxury. It's a 3 star type of place and I get the impression that it survives with groups of Dominicans coming to their Karaoke bar (I dread to think how noisy that is). It's OK, it's clean, the service is nice, but it's not luxurious.

If Villa Celeste is open, it's worth trying. Run by Vanessa, a New Yorker who previously run a cleaning company and you could literally eat your food from the floor. Really nice pool and only 8 bedrooms so it's quiet. I've stayed at both and in my view Villa Celeste is by far the better option if you're looking for boutique upscale type of places.

There are also some very very nice properties on AirBnB some of which have pools and come with full service, so it's worth a look.