Maximum amount of tourist card "renewals"?

Aelise28

May 25, 2018
Hi,
I want to move to the Dominican Republic to live with my fiancé for a year. I am probably going to apply to a grad school program there so I can get a student visa, but does anybody know if there would be any issue with just flying to FLL or MIA once a month for a weekend (or crossing the Haitian border for that matter) and getting a new tourist card and re-entering the DR? I am not going to exceed the 60 day limit and pay the overstay fee because they have been cracking down on that lately.

If I re-entered the country every month for a year, would they deny me entry? Would 12 tourist cards be a red flag? I will not be working; I have enough funds to take a year off.

I would love to be able to get a one-time extension for a couple of months, but from combing through this website, I do not think that is possible.

Thank you for any guidance. I have been searching for an answer for weeks.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Add up the cost of all those flights to and from for a year and spend that $5,000 on advice from a competent attorney - He may even be able to get you the student Visa for $500.
Then you can have money left to pay for your finance's hair, nails and sick mother