Guitar store

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Someone else was asking about Gretsch guitars a few months back. I don't recall if it was this company they found or another one:

http://www.danilomusic.com/

(Do you like The Stray Cats? )

Windy. Did you catch the media item on the celeb guitar charity auction held a few weeks ago? The prize was the Fender Telecaster owned by Dylan and previously owned by Robbie Robertson. Dylan switched from acoustic to electric with the Telecaster and created a big controversy. The other interesting guitar at the auction was one of George Harrison’s. 

My Gretsch guitar icons are B.B.King, Chet Atkins, and of course, George Thurgood with his smokin slide on Bad  To The Bone. I’m not sure but I think Colin Linden also used a Gretsch on his rendition of Into The Mystic. Been to a few concerts in the DR over the years and I’ve never seen any performer using a Gretsch. My current guitars are a six string Taylor acoustic/electric and a Takamine 12 string acoustic/electric. I parted with an Ovation Glen Campbell special years ago. I regret that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I did not catch that auction of Dylan/Robertson's guitars. Agreed on the Gretch guitar idols, but I think BB used mostly black Gibson models. Brian Setzer is no slacker, either.

My collection consists of a Epiphone Telecaster, Epiphone DOT, a Light Crust Douhboy Strat copy, Ovation Standard with an added pickup and a Bedell acoustic/electric I got at a huge discount when Bedell went "green". I don't play guitar well enough to gig as I do on keyboards.

One thing to worry about with guitars that are well made that are acoustic or semi hollow body guitars is what the humidity here does to them. Gretsch might have such a problem.