Thinking of cancelling????????!!!!!!!!!

watbag

Feb 15, 2002
Hi Guys and Gals

I am supposed to be going to the Barcelo Talanquera in August, situated in Juan Dolio. Thing is, I am getting more and more worried as the days progress. I have read some of the worst reports on this place, from various sources and most of them are quite recent too!!!!!!
As this is going to be my first trip to the DR i don't want it to be spoiled by a hotel that has a good write up but that is actually going to turn out in truth to be nothing of the sort!!!!!!!

What are your thoughts on this??????? If any??????

Thanks for any help in advance.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I've stayed there twice

I personally liked the hotel, even though there are others that are better at a higher price.

If I were you I would not cancel. You're vacation is going to turn out how you want it to, and if you think that the past experiences that other have either good or bad are going to happen to you then you are already arriving at the hotel with a certain expectation. The key is to have no expectations just go with the flow.

Take it slow and be patient and most importantly be flexible. If you find something wrong with your room, tell them they will bend over backwards to fix it for you. We had a lamp that didn't work, it was fixed in a matter of hours.

A perfume was taken by the cleaning lady, lesson learned, keep things that you really treasure out of sight or locked in your suitcase or even better don't bring valuables at all.

While I was there I saw some guest become so rude to the hotel staff, usually after drinking all day long. I really felt bad for the staff because they just stood there and took it, they didn't ask them to leave or to quiet down, they just listened to there problem and said they would see what they can do.

All in all like I said before your trip will be full of adventure, that is what visiting other countries is about and working through the obsticals that are thrown your way. If you have great expectations then you will be disappointed no doubt about it.

Remeber you will not be in a 'developed' country or in the finest hotels, so don't expect to be treated like your at the Ritz.

Best of all relax and lay out of the beach, talk long walks and watch the sunset while sipping a pina colada and you'll be fine.

Que te vaya con Dios.