Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: once more time

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default once more time

I know this has been gone over previously. But I don't recall the answer. I am thinking of returning to the DR and marrying one of the chicas with I have lived. I have had a heart attack and then pneumonia and am not in the best of health any more at 72 years old she is aware of that, but thinks if we marry when I kick off she will get my Social Security, although I have assorted her that it is not true. She knows someone who is doing it!
    But my question has to do with the details of marrying. SHe tells me I need a documento de soltero. I have to bring this with me. I have heard of this before. Where does one look for this in the USA? Is there such a thing beyond my divorce certificate?
    Thanks for any sincere input.
    Der Fish

2. Likes jinty05 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back fish. Here is a link for you which also has a single status affidavit application form

https://www.apostille.us/Documents/s...ffidavit.shtml

4. Likes Derfish liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

THanks that was quick!
    Der Fish

6. Likes AnnaC liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, she may be able to collect as a widow. The only issue may be that survivors have to apply in person for the benefits, not on line.

From the SSA website:

"If you are the widow or widower of a person who worked long enough under Social Security, you can:

receive full benefits at full retirement age for survivors or reduced benefits as early as age 60."
    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    I know this has been gone over previously. But I don't recall the answer. I am thinking of returning to the DR and marrying one of the chicas with I have lived. I have had a heart attack and then pneumonia and am not in the best of health any more at 72 years old she is aware of that, but thinks if we marry when I kick off she will get my Social Security, although I have assorted her that it is not true. She knows someone who is doing it!
    But my question has to do with the details of marrying. SHe tells me I need a documento de soltero. I have to bring this with me. I have heard of this before. Where does one look for this in the USA? Is there such a thing beyond my divorce certificate?
    Der Fish
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

You can do your soltero document here in the DR with any notary. But if you have been married and divorced or widowed you will need a copy of the divorce or death cert from the US, apostilled and translated in order to get married.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. And, congrats.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    SHe tells me I need a documento de soltero. I have to bring this with me. I have heard of this before. Where does one look for this in the USA? Is there such a thing beyond my divorce certificate?
    Der Fish
    Not sure where in your state, but I've seen the ones from New York, and they get it done at the Office of the City Clerk. It's a statement that says that you have no impediment to marry outside of the US.

As far as I know, you can also get this done locally with a notary public.

If you bring it from abroad, you´ll need to get it translated by a local Interprete Judicial.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I only required to present my Divorce certificate.... translated and Notarized in RD.
    That was in March 2017.

12. Likes cbmitch9 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRdreaming View Post
    Actually, she may be able to collect as a widow. The only issue may be that survivors have to apply in person for the benefits, not on line.

From the SSA website:

"If you are the widow or widower of a person who worked long enough under Social Security, you can:

receive full benefits at full retirement age for survivors or reduced benefits as early as age 60."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure she won't be able to.
    When Ronnie died in BC they tried the same thing and she had been married for a while with him, but no luck.
    Fishy, good to hear from you.
    Make sure she's a good woman and not trying to hurry up your departure.

14. Likes CRL2017 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Der. You should have a DR1 reception.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast