Summer doldrums

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I can feel the ripples of boredom and perhaps a touch of depression almost daily now. I have felt this way before and am convinced it is weather related.

Unlike my wife who seems much more welcoming of endless sunny hot days, I am not so embracing. I miss variety, some days hotter others cooler. I enjoy a daily rain shower or thunderstorm. I was never a great fan of any particular season at home as the changes from one to the next always brought with it something negative as well as the positive. Here in the DR the seasons are either green or brown and the only real hope for change comes from rain.

It's not even summer here yet and where I live, day after day with respect to weather brings more of the same. It is quickly becoming monotonous. The afternoons are already too hot for my liking. My grass is turning brown. I have to manually water the tomato plants and the flowering stuff. Each day begins and ends the same of late.

I would be in a better mental position to accept the heat, and the sweat of the afternoon, if I could have a realistic expiation that Mother Nature here would wash away the dust and the haze, break the heat and humidity, everyday between 4 - 6 pm.

Oh how I hope this current weather pattern changes soon or it's going to feel like an eternity until November - one day just like the one before it, unchanging and seemingly never ending, hot, dusty, boring, maybe a little depressing; Adrift, unable to change course, at the mercy of forces beyond one's control, the vista unchanging in every direction for as far as the eye can see...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
but it seems to inspire the poetic side of you Buster....

start writing to fill the day.

Me? I move back/forth in the summer - Can -USA... but I have my lake house for sale so the pattern will change - I hope.

You have never seen the airport since your arrival - right ?

you might be due for some elevation or at least another trip to the eastern shores of your isla.
But then , who would water your grass/flowers/bushes?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Finally some relief. Thunderstorm rolled through here a couple of hours ago. Got enough rain to give the plants and grass a drink.

Something is burning. Lot's of ash falling around the casa at the moment. No low levels winds to carry it far but I can't see any plumes of smoke.