Which Dominican banks accept PayPal transfers?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Just asking for people to share their experiences of transferring money from their PayPal balance to their Dominican bank account.

It's for a new business venture and I want to be able to offer our customers the facility to pay with PayPal as an interim whilst we wait for our Verifone machine.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
As far as I know and I am pretty sure it is only BPD which I use since they started cooperation with PP.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That is what I said... :/ See above. :)

Unfortunately, it is only them and it is NOT always in your account after the promised 4 days. Typical DR but better than nada.
OK, I didn't relate to "PBD". :)

HarpB

Aug 31, 2012
I use xoom for my transfers to people.  Multiple banks for pick up.  Once you use it a few times monthly limits go higher.  No issues for pick up and cheap $4.99 for several thousand dollars at a time.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I use xoom for my transfers to people.  Multiple banks for pick up.  Once you use it a few times monthly limits go higher.  No issues for pick up and cheap $4.99 for several thousand dollars at a time.

Xoom is owned by PayPal.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Xoom is owned by PayPal.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just asking for people to share their experiences of transferring money from their PayPal balance to their Dominican bank account.

It's for a new business venture and I want to be able to offer our customers the facility to pay with PayPal as an interim whilst we wait for our Verifone machine.

Did anyone actually read the OP?  

He doesn’t want to transfer money, he wants to accept PayPal payments and then transfer from PayPal to DR bank.  

Surely someone has accomplished that.  If I remember, the only stumbling block was Banco Popular was charging $10US for the transfer. Has that changed?  

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I would suggest that the OP take a look at Scotia Bank. I know that they accept PayPal in St. Maarten / St. Martin as well as in the USVI because I've done it. Can't say about the DR first hand, but I don't see why it would be any different.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009

He doesn’t want to transfer money, he wants to accept PayPal payments and then transfer from PayPal to DR bank.  

Surely someone has accomplished that.  If I remember, the only stumbling block was Banco Popular was charging $10US for the transfer. Has that changed?  

No it has not changed.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

I take PayPal as my sole payment method, and sent the details and suggestions to breeza.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I take PayPal as my sole payment method, and sent the details and suggestions to breeza.

But are you receiving it in the DR or a US bank ?

I heard Bank of America is affiliated with Scotia Bank so there may be a way.....if you have a B of A preferred account

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I heard Bank of America is affiliated with Scotia Bank so there may be a way.....if you have a B of A preferred account

Any bank in the DR is a DR bank and may not actually provide any benefits with regards banks in other countries owned by the same parent company. Too bad they charge $10 at BPD for PayPal transfers, that is true DR nonsense.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The Cdn ScotiaBank debit card is free for ATM withdrawals in the USA at Bank of America.

Scotia has no US presence at the retail level that I know of

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I think Xoom (and all of these) make their money off the terrible exchange rate. Xoom is the only one that I know of that charges more for transfers in US Dollars. At some point ($2000 USD?), you're better off paying the higher rate for US dollars.

To my knowledge, MoneyGram is the most economical. Especially, if you go to Walmart which has a new international service that uses MoneyGram for delivery (although you need to appear at a store in person).

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013

You are correct here. The only issue is that you can't transfer from Scotia to BOA online and it must be a normal in bank wire transfer. But BOA to Scotia is done all online and is easy and cheap. $10.00 for 2K transfers. I've never done more than 2k at a time so don't know what the fees go up to from there.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You are correct here. The only issue is that you can't transfer from Scotia to BOA online and it must be a normal in bank wire transfer. But BOA to Scotia is done all online and is easy and cheap. $10.00 for 2K transfers. I've never done more than 2k at a time so don't know what the fees go up to from there.
$10 from the B of A? What about wire fee for receiving at Scotia

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk