Remembering Ronnies.......

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I met Ronnie back in the late 80's.

I lived in Boca Chica for a few years before moving to Santo Domingo, and have more stories than most I'm sure.

Here's one:

We used to sit out on the beach together looking at girls walking by. Any time he saw a girl with nice set of hooters, he'd call her over and ask her: "Are those your real boobs or silicon?"

When the girl responded they were real, he'd say "I don't believe you. Let me see."

Almost every one would pull their breasts out of their tops right there on the beach.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Another:

When we'd be sitting there, he would make a comment to most of the cute ones that walked by. Most of the time, they'd ignore him.

He'd say "Watch her - She's going to walk about 10 ft and turn around and look back at us" I don't think he ever missed one of those. They always looked back.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the first time i went to the beach bar, some guys told me that Patrick was the Pied Piper of chicas. i just never saw them. one day, i said to him ''Patrick, you have a reputaion for being a chica master, but i never see any''. it was then he told his guy Julian to go to the house, and bring back some girls. fourteen, to be exact. i spent a lot on beers that day.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
the first time i went to the beach bar, some guys told me that Patrick was the Pied Piper of chicas. i just never saw them. one day, i said to him ''Patrick, you have a reputaion for being a chica master, but i never see any''. it was then he told his guy Julian to go to the house, and bring back some girls. fourteen, to be exact. i spent a lot on beers that day.

Julian was the name of his sidekick. I knew somebody would rattle it out of my head.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I met Ronnie back in the late 80's.

I lived in Boca Chica for a few years before moving to Santo Domingo, and have more stories than most I'm sure.

Here's one:

We used to sit out on the beach together looking at girls walking by. Any time he saw a girl with nice set of hooters, he'd call her over and ask her: "Are those your real boobs or silicon?"

When the girl responded they were real, he'd say "I don't believe you. Let me see."

Almost every one would pull their breasts out of their tops right there on the beach.

Ronnie was quite a character :bunny:

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Sad to hear he passed. Those days were special (where I first meet Robert) and I was one of the lucky souls -- I was invited once to one of Patricks house partys. I remember very little except all the shaving cream cans that were used :laugh::laugh:

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Sad to hear he passed. Those days were special (where I first meet Robert) and I was one of the lucky souls -- I was invited once to one of Patricks house partys. I remember very little except all the shaving cream cans that were used :laugh::laugh:

Great memories.........

Made it to Patricks place a couple of times.......

Also met Robert there.....(At Ronnie's)

Funny....

I remember the shaving cream cans also.....

Definitely special times all around.....

Ronnie's beach bar was ground zero for information......meeting people......networking.......whatever!!

It could be calm.......wild!......sad.....shocking!......relaxing........LOUD.....a good starting spot........before your night REALLY heated up!!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

We should probably not get into those house parties. Too much incriminating evidence still floating around. LOL

Did anybody here ever attend one of Ronnie's and Richard's clam bakes? They would have a few bushels of clams, lobsters, and other treats flown down every few years ago, and everybody would pig out.

Lots of great memories.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

Patrick used to say that was his group of girls, but his other half Zoraida was the one who did the recruiting and controlling. Pat was her contact for the gringos.

Another Ronnie story: When I first met him, he had a TV in one corner of the bar with a video camera hooked up to it. With the push of a button on his remote, he'd had live video of the bar.

Any time girls would come in from the beach to use the bathroom, they'd see themselves on TV, and they first thing they would do is pull their tops up so they could see their attributes on TV. Even Ronnie couldn't explain that one.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
https://www.flickr.com/photos/51418611@N05/5509805978/in/dateposted-public/

Pic of Ronnie's place.......

(That's me on the left with the Yellow hat)

Posted it along time ago.....

This was a little after cyclone Georges....

Notice the tree in front of the steps..after it fell...they just cut it so you could walk on the steps.....(Funny)

Ronnie says....."We dodged a bullet, ya can't get any closer than that"

Real serious like.......

Then we both started laughing.....

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
https://www.flickr.com/photos/51418611@N05/5509805978/in/dateposted-public/

Pic of Ronnie's place.......

(That's me on the left with the Yellow hat)

Posted it along time ago.....

This was a little after cyclone Georges....

Notice the tree in front of the steps..after it fell...they just cut it so you could walk on the steps.....(Funny)

Ronnie says....."We dodged a bullet, ya can't get any closer than that"

Real serious like.......

Then we both started laughing.....

That was shortly after I moved to the city. I'll never forget that one. I drove out just to see what happened to BC. That was some storm.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
That was shortly after I moved to the city. I'll never forget that one. I drove out just to see what happened to BC. That was some storm.

Ya...

Pretty incredible.....

The power from that storm.....

The guy sitting to the left of the photo was....(is) "skinny Jimmy "....super nice guy...I think was retired from LA....Ronnie had a nickname for all these guys.....

Ya might remember him.....

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Ya...

Pretty incredible.....

The power from that storm.....

The guy sitting to the left of the photo was....(is) "skinny Jimmy "....super nice guy...I think was retired from LA....Ronnie had a nickname for all these guys.....

Ya might remember him.....

Nicknames.. boy, that struck a few memory cords.. lol

There was a pretty big group of regulars there. Good times.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Any time girls would come in from the beach to use the bathroom, they'd see themselves on TV, and they first thing they would do is pull their tops up so they could see their attributes on TV. Even Ronnie couldn't explain that one.

The bathroom was a major meeting place in the old days, had some interesting times in there, just hope the recordings have been destroyed.:classic::classic:
Can someone tell where and when he died??? Sorta sad, my three mentors are now dead :-(.
Patrick, Billy and now Ronnie :-(

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
The bathroom was a major meeting place in the old days, had some interesting times in there, just hope the recordings have been destroyed.:classic::classic:
Can someone tell where and when he died??? Sorta sad, my three mentors are now dead :-(.
Patrick, Billy and now Ronnie :-(

Ronnie's was where we met for the first time with Robert, remember? (but not in the bathroom.) I think you had just finished your book.

My memory is failing me but I think it's been 3-4 years now. He passed away in his sleep I believe.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ronnie's was where we met for the first time with Robert, remember? (but not in the bathroom.) I think you had just finished your book.

My memory is failing me but I think it's been 3-4 years now. He passed away in his sleep I believe.

i never heard this, but that was the most fitting way for such a wonderful, tranquil spirit to go. RIP...

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Nice thread guys. I salute you for sharing your memories with us. I am sure you solved the biggest problems in the world many times at this beach bar and had a lot of fun during the process :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Nice thread guys. I salute you for sharing your memories with us. I am sure you solved the biggest problems in the world many times at this beach bar and had a lot of fun during the process :)

i remember that on no occasion in the Beach Bar did i ever feel any pain.