Intermodeal Bus Terminal - Estación Multimodal Cibao

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
This is great news. DR is starting to invest to upgrade public transport!

See video!

[video=youtube_share;MdJJnbwZzQA]https://youtu.be/MdJJnbwZzQA[/video]

Feb 7, 2007
Nice idea but I don't see it working.

Transit between various terminals would be a nightmare. Taxi mafias and hotels will be benefited. Going from Bávaro to Puerto Plata may well require an overnight stay in SD unless you plan to get fully stressed and exhausted transferring between the terminals.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I see it as good initiative.  They are basically spreading out and better organizing the main bus terminal making it more accesible and able to handle ever growing population.  Anything is better than “el 9”that is like a crazy chicken coup that has no parking, limited seating, causes major jams on the Duarte highway.  Too many buses in a small area.  
Im not sure why they are putting in a cable car as Im sure that will become overlaoded quickly.  Its also a little far out.  El 9 is a llot more central on the Luperon/ Duarte Intersection.  I guess people will adapt.  

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the idea is sound. you arrive on a bus from, say, puerto plata. instead of ploughing through the traffic to get to the city centre you get out at the bus station and take teleferico/metro to the city. pretty neat.

and it's an interesting approach to the destruction of the transport mafia. all the do is offer a choice. passive attitude. smart.

as far as connecting with the east: there may be more to come. already if someone arrives in metro or caribe they have to transfer to another location to go to punta cana, correct? and isn't there a plan for circunvalacion of SD to run through los alcarrizos? since i do not live in SD i do not know how advanced the works are.