A/s/l

michelle

Apr 25, 2002
A/S/L

Hi guys,

I have been a regular to this board for years , although I hardly ever post...
Just recently came back to reading the posts after a long time thanks to my good friends Trina, Jodi and Kati!
Just wondering if all the regulars could just update me and let me know where you are from and or where you live now.

fyi I am 32 , married , female , Canadian , live in Canada and own a home in POP!

Thanks,
Michelle

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Michelle, I am 30, married, female, Canadian, live in Calgary and don't own a home in the DR.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
The DR1 Welcome Committee, which will be founded as soon as we get anyone interested in welcoming newbies welcomes you to the board.

Here you will find an assortment of characters: from the serious to the deranged idiot, from the funny to the fierce lunatic bigot. But we mean well. Do not be scared, no proven bodily injure has yet been inflicted upon a DR1er by another (despite conflicting evidence). We provide a wide variety of irrelevant information, some of which borders in the category of urban legends. Please carry a truckload of salt when reading the Open Forum (A.K.A. The Loony Bin).

Enjoy and remember the rules: hit first, duck and run... :D

BTW, I am Dominican, 31, happily single and I wish I owned a house (I do own a matchbox, but not a house)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Michelle, remember, I will never catch up to you in years! (bag)

Pib, I never would've guessed you at 31...with your wisdom, I would've guessed older! You crack me up.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]trina[/B] said:
with your wisdom
There, we finally agree on something ;)

About my age, you are right. One day you are 15, one thing leads to another and one day you find yourself being 31. But I can't complain, it sure has been lots of fun. I am looking forward to the next 90 yrs.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hi,
I am American, female, married, 21 + many years' experience. Together we have 2 kids 2 cats, 3 cars, own a home - sadly none are in the DR ;) at this time.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm a female, this is my real name. I live in Canada(Ontario) Happly divorced for many years. So old I can't rememeber my age. Welcome to DR1

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mon cher, Michelle!

Je suis le Hillbilly, le plus cosmopolitane de touts le posteurs ici.

Je parle English, Francais, Espa?ol, "Creolle" .

And I am a hillbilly. We have several places here in the DR and zilch elsewhere, except maybe in heaven or hell...And I'm older than most....

Welcome aboard! Oh, yes, I am the curmudgeon of this board...

HB

This is me->
needs_a_shave.gif

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
welcome

I'm female, 24, live in a rented room in Santo Domingo, single (happily) and my real name is Rachel. :)

michelle

Apr 25, 2002
nice to meet you!!

Thanks for responding and the warm welcome! Hope to meet even more!

Michelle

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
I am a female, closer to 40 than I am to 30 (a lot closer).
I live in Maine, my house is for sale and I am moving South(maybe to DR). I am very much married for a very long time and I have three kids.

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Hi michelle
wavey.gif

My name is Jessica I live in NY (rochester BLAH) I am 24, I have one baby girl (5 yrs But still my baby) I have been happily married for 5 days now! We dont own a house yet just rent I just started a new job as a dental assistant, so soon enough!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hi Michelle.....

I really am MommC, I'm Canadian,live 6-8 months in North Bay,Ontario and 4-5 months in Juan Dolio DR with my "other" half.
My kids a grown, I have grandchildren and I'd guess I'm older than Anna and not quite as old as HB (but that could be debatable). I have physical constraints that make me feel like 100 a lot and I've got more experience than I know what to do with.
I speak English and can "manage" in Italian, Spanish...will never starve in French, and can "surprise" some people in a couple other languages. I've forgotten more than my kids will ever know and I don't get 2 upset when reminded of such!! :D

bat_angel.gif

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Hi Michele

I'm Keith, 45, currently residing in Northern Virginia, near Washington DC. I've been (mostly) happily married to a domicana, Oneida, for 16 yrs. We have 11-yr old fraternal twins, boy and girl, who are fully bilingual. I speak Spanish and Portuguese. We lived in Santo Domingo for 4 yrs ('95-'99), during which time I started participating on DR1's boards (hardly seems possible it's been that long, eh, Rob?!). We still have a house in SD, tho' it's currently rented out. Before we moved there, we used to visit the DR every yr. Roughly 1/2 my wife's family is in SD or Duverge, my compadre is in SD, and I have several friends there, so it's likely we'll return often, just not as frequently as before. There's still much of Quisqueya Bella I want to see and know...
Un abrazo,
Keith

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
My real name is Meredith. I am 22 years old and a resident of Ontario, Canada. When I am working a reside on a cruise ship and my second home is the Dominican Republic, of course! Oh yes, I am single, you can say....

Jodi

Jan 2, 2002
Hey Michelle...nice way to get people to open up...

Michelle already knows all this stuff, so I guess this is for everybody else.

I've been a regular to this board since '98...I'm 36 years old, Canadian...married to a Dominican. We have a son (Dominic) who has recently turned 2 years old.

We don't own a home in the Dominican, but we do own one in Brampton. Not quite the same, I know...but I have every intention of spending as much time as possible in Dominic's sand box this summer! (Washed beach sand from the Home Depot...it's actually quite nice!) Now if I could just get some Presidente shipped in.....Michelle?

You can see pic's here: http://www.worldisround.com/articles/9454/index.html

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey DR_Techie.......

Picking up my son and daughter -in -law in Albany Friday PM.
He's coming in from Manhatten where he's working right now and she's coming in from Atlanta _where they live. Going to a "family" wedding Saturday in Saratoga Spring......How's the weather down there????