Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another accident because of the bad road between Sosua and Cabarete

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You can say that about many main roads in the DR.
    True, but I use this one every time I leave my house. So it is special to me and anyone that lives in the Cabarete/Sosua area.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That is the most dangerous section of Highway 5 on the North Coast. When sewers were installed, they never replaced the 5’ of asphalt on the west bound side. This section of road claims an average of 1 life per month, including the baseball player several years ago and the 9 lives in the guagua 15 months ago and 2 last week with the head-on with the Lifestyles bus.

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Boyd View Post
    That is the most dangerous section of Highway 5 on the North Coast. When sewers were installed, they never replaced the 5’ of asphalt on the west bound side. This section of road claims an average of 1 life per month, including the baseball player several years ago and the 9 lives in the guagua 15 months ago and 2 last week with the head-on with the Lifestyles bus.
    I thought the baseball player was killed West of Charamico?

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Boyd View Post
    ...2 last week with the head-on with the Lifestyles bus.
    Anyone have a link to a news report for this accident involving lifestyles?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    I thought the baseball player was killed West of Charamico?
    The baseball player was killed very close to where the recent accident was. He was killed almost across from what was called Coconut Palms (at the entrance to Encuentro) at that time.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Anyone have a link to a news report for this accident involving lifestyles?
    That was actually a murder/suicide according to local reports. The man deliberately hit the bus carrying Lifestyles workers to kill himself and the girl. (Love triangle/incest mess like Woody Allen.)

The deliberate nature of that crash does not diminish other problems caused the poor conditions on that part of the road in any way.

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    The baseball player was killed very close to where the recent accident was. He was killed almost across from what was called Coconut Palms (at the entrance to Encuentro) at that time.
    OK. I was wrong from day one on the location then. The wreck in his red Camero that killed his GF too right?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    OK. I was wrong from day one on the location then. The wreck in his red Camero that killed his GF too right?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Correct.

9. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    That was actually a murder/suicide according to local reports. The man deliberately hit the bus carrying Lifestyles workers to kill himself and the girl. (Love triangle/incest mess like Woody Allen.)

The deliberate nature of that crash does not diminish other problems caused the poor conditions on that part of the road in any way.
    Ay Ay, don't tarnish the name of the victim (the 18 yr old)

No reports so far say she was involved in any sexual relationship with her step-father .

What the reports say is that her mother (the assasins wife) wanted to leave him, (had filed for divorce ) and his last communication to the mother was that he would hit her where it hurt the most by taking the life of her daughter.

The others say it was just an accident (Keep in mind the man is a famous local radio owner, so maybe local media is on his side)

But no reports that I have seen say anything about a love triangle Woody Allen style

http://hoy.com.do/muerte-de-periodis...te-o-suicidio/

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgy View Post
    Ay Ay, don't tarnish the name of the victim (the 18 yr old)

No reports so far say she was involved in any sexual relationship with her step-father .

What the reports say is that her mother (the assasins wife) wanted to leave him, (had filed for divorce ) and his last communication to the mother was that he would hit her where it hurt the most by taking the life of her daughter.

The others say it was just an accident (Keep in mind the man is a famous local radio owner, so maybe local media is on his side)

But no reports that I have seen say anything about a love triangle Woody Allen style

http://hoy.com.do/muerte-de-periodis...te-o-suicidio/
    Sorry. That must have been added by the local gossip trail.

12. Likes chrisgy liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast