Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Permanent residency renewal alert!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    Go to the JCE in Veron. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes, if that.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
    Fantastic news that they're issuing foreigner cédulas. We'll ask for a 2x1 because we have to get L's first adult cédula - he's 18 today!
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

2. Likes KateP, AlterEgo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    So, everyone just gets a number and waits?

No special lines/windows until you're called?

I'm going in 1 1/2 weeks and want to be sure of what to do when I get to Migracion.
    All my paper work was done on-line and I paid in Santiago.

Thanks,

Don
    First turno: you wait for your number to come up on the screen and go to ventanilla 12 - they take your receipt and tell you to sit and wait to be called by name. You go to the ventanilla and they send you to get a pass - you have to leave your cédula - and then you are allowed to go in to get your photo taken. Once that's done you return the pass and retrieve your cédula, and then you have to wait to be called to ventanilla 12 again and they give you your carnet de residencia.

www.DR1.com

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    First turno: you wait for your number to come up on the screen and go to ventanilla 12 - they take your receipt and tell you to sit and wait to be called by name. You go to the ventanilla and they send you to get a pass - you have to leave your cédula - and then you are allowed to go in to get your photo taken. Once that's done you return the pass and retrieve your cédula, and then you have to wait to be called to ventanilla 12 again and they give you your carnet de residencia.
    Thanks for your help.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    Go to the JCE in Veron. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes, if that.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
    Update: Got the cédula this morning from the JCE in Veron. Easy-peasy, RD$4,000.

Total cost of residency + cédula renewal = RD$21,100 plus fuel costs for one trip to Higuey and one to the capital.

KateP - I owe you a fría!

www.DR1.com

6. Likes KateP, Linda Stapleton liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

“First turno: you wait for your number to come up on the screen and go to ventanilla 12 - they take your receipt and tell to sit and wait be called by name. You go to the ventanilla and they send you to get a pass - you have to leave your cédula - and then you are allowed to go in to get your photo taken. Once that's done you return the pass and retrieve your cédula, and then you have to wait to be called to ventanilla 12 again and they give you your carnet de residencia.”

This is exactly as it went down for me today - In & Out in 3.5 hrs.. I arrived at 9:15 am, gone at 12:45pm. Went directly for cédula afterwards, that process - 4,000 rd$ & 30 minutes top... Note: Two folks at the JCE I’d seen earlier at the DGM had compleated the residency process no more than 15 minutes before me, out of curiosity I asked what time they arrived for residency, they said 8:15 am (an hour prior to my arrival). If your wondering what time to get to the DGM ?, I think its a crap shoot... Good luck to everybody going through the process, in reality it’s a painless process if you don’t forget to take your bag of patience..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week
    our lawyer was there at 8 and got ticket #3

we had promised to be there by 9am

she kept pulling tickets until finally - she stopped.

We arrived - got a ticket w/ her - 11 spots away
    took about 25 minutes... quick enough

the wait was for the medical instructions..... like until noon from 9:30am

we just went and got the groceries etc....

all done by 1PM

next week - cedula

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234