pre-paid debit cards

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
All the prior replies are right but.....

Does anyone know if they are available in this country?
Who supplies them?

All the prior replies are right but..... To get a debit card, you need to open a checking account.
This is a major headache and the procedure varies from bank to bank.
BHD seems to be the less complicated one.
Best is to have a Friend that already has an account there to call the person in charge of his account and to refer you. Otherwise they might ask for a truckload of Documents.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Does anyone know if they are available in this country?
Who supplies them?

Why waste your time buy a prepaid card in your country of residence....it will be in the Visa or MasterCard system so you can use it anywhere and see your transactions

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Why waste your time buy a prepaid card in your country of residence....it will be in the Visa or MasterCard system so you can use it anywhere and see your transactions
I do not believe that any prepaid card from the U.S. will work outside the U.S.. The two that I use when in the U.S. Walmart's Moneycard and the Greendot card don't.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I do not believe that any prepaid card from the U.S. will work outside the U.S.. The two that I use when in the U.S. Walmart's Moneycard and the Greendot card don't.

I'm using a couple of prepaid cards from UK companies, which work perfectly well internationally, cannot say anything about US companies.

Maybe try a UK company and they'd mail you the card? The ones I'm using are Skrill and Ecopayz, and can recommend both.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
All the prior replies are right but..... To get a debit card, you need to open a checking account.
This is a major headache and the procedure varies from bank to bank.
BHD seems to be the less complicated one.
Best is to have a Friend that already has an account there to call the person in charge of his account and to refer you. Otherwise they might ask for a truckload of Documents.

Just to be clear, I believe the OP mentioned prepaid debit/credit cards, not the regular ones, if I understood right?

Basically a prepaid card is not attached to any bank account, but you have to load funds to it separately.

On the BHD website, only for the regular debit card the requirement of having a bank account is mentioned, but as I applied for mine already doing all my banking with BHD, I cannot say if this is the case really or not...

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
I'm using a couple of prepaid cards from UK companies, which work perfectly well internationally, cannot say anything about US companies.

Maybe try a UK company and they'd mail you the card? The ones I'm using are Skrill and Ecopayz, and can recommend both.

thanks
. what sort of government records are created when i use the card?

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Just to be clear, I believe the OP mentioned prepaid debit/credit cards, not the regular ones, if I understood right?

Basically a prepaid card is not attached to any bank account, but you have to load funds to it separately.

On the BHD website, only for the regular debit card the requirement of having a bank account is mentioned, but as I applied for mine already doing all my banking with BHD, I cannot say if this is the case really or not...

yes, that is what i asked. How do i load money on if i have a BHD prepaid card? (and i do not have a BHD account with them) Can i walk in with 10000$ and load it onto the card? What records are kept of this transaction?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OK
Got it now... money washing

Robert will be in front of some tribunal for facilitating a new method.
Actually, nothing new in 5he game ... covered all ways to Sunday 

Ramjet, it won’t work... just my opinion... fly it in $9999 at a time or more where you want to stuff it.

I have sent hundreds of thousands by wire... it’s not rocket science when you’re on the ‘up& up’

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
yes, that is what i asked. How do i load money on if i have a BHD prepaid card? (and i do not have a BHD account with them) Can i walk in with 10000$ and load it onto the card? What records are kept of this transaction?

As said, I did have an account with them, so no idea if this is possible, but the website does not refer to any bank account requirement, as far as I can see.

Yep - what I did, walked in to a branch with the cash and the card and say that you want to deposit that. This was at the time when I still had an account with them but did banking elsewhere, hence carrying the cash to the branch. On quite a few occasions I sent a trusted motoconcho with the cash and the card (obviously not large amounts, just for small Ebay purchases) and he was able to deposit the funds just fine without my presence. Of course he provided me with all the receipts of the transactions...

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
OK
Got it now... money washing

Robert will be in front of some tribunal for facilitating a new method.
Actually, nothing new in 5he game ... covered all ways to Sunday 

Ramjet, it won’t work... just my opinion... fly it in $9999 at a time or more where you want to stuff it.

I have sent hundreds of thousands by wire... it’s not rocket science when you’re on the ‘up& up’

opinionated know it all. WRONG. Perhaps you could learn from JOSH..above entry. Answer the question and without supplying your personal opinions on my motivations. I feel sorry for your boyfriend

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005

I also use a UK service, Caxton. You link a bank account to the card and load it on line. Maximum load is £12,000 sterling though you can have the card in any currency you care.
https://www.caxtonfx.com/

Feb 7, 2007
Indeed Google is your friend

Try to deposit 9999 USD and see what happens. Please keep us posted :)

https://www.bhdleon.com.do/wps/wcm/...-0804d8e8-caa7-4898-a682-f622fdf38fd3-m5DMFsI

Tarjeta Prepago: A través de esta tarjeta, se ofrece al TARJETAHABIENTE la posibilidad de anticipar el importe
de los consumos a realizar por éste, según las sumas que cargue o recargue a la tarjeta, sumas que no podrán
exceder del monto equivalente a cuatro (4) salarios mínimos, según la escala máxima del salario mínimo
privado. Las transacciones realizadas por EL TARJETAHABIENTE con la Tarjeta, no podrán exceder del monto
anteriormente citado, durante períodos de treinta (30) días.

Párrafo VI: EL EMISOR podrá rehusarse a realizar el depósito de las sumas recibidas a favor de EL
TARJETAHABIENTE, restringir o cancelar el uso de LA TARJETA, en caso de que EL TARJETAHABIENTE aparezca
en alguna lista, publicación o informe, sea consecuencia de un error o no, que esté relacionado con el lavado de
activos, tráfico de influencias, fraude y por cualquier otra causa ilícita, en cuyo caso EL EMISOR en un plazo que
no exceda los 5 días, contado a partir de la adopción de la decisión, notificará al TARJETAHABIENTE de su
decisión.