Dominicans in AGT

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Nice dance routine. Looks like they made the cut to Round 2:

[video=youtube;F1-LNfsK8Dw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1-LNfsK8Dw&feature=share[/video]

Well Done!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Especially the part where they said they were performing due to the hurricane. Did anybody else catch that?
If you ask me, they are frauds looking for a handout.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Especially the part where they said they were performing due to the hurricane. Did anybody else catch that?

Yeah, relatively very little damage here due to the hurricane. And "no such thing as the American Dream"? Then why are Dominicans the largest immigrant group in NYC now and just about everybody dreams about getting a visa?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Looking for sympathy votes.

Actually, they seemed like they didn't know much about the hurricane damage.

Are those kids from NYC or the DR?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
What hurricane? New Yorkers that cant even do fake Chuck Schumer tears?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Looking for sympathy votes.

Actually, they seemed like they didn't know much about the hurricane damage.

Are those kids from NYC or the DR?

I am not sure from where they hail currently, but it definitely is not the RD. Obviously some US of A city where they were able to pick up pretty decent English vocabulary, along with their salon hairstyles, and custom fit costumes. I was watching the episode with a lady friend, and when this act came on we both looked at each other and broke out into laughter. She then got up to top off my Malbec.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I am not sure from where they hail currently, but it definitely is not the RD. Obviously some US of A city where they were able to pick up pretty decent English vocabulary, along with their salon hairstyles, and custom fit costumes. I was watching the episode with a lady friend, and when this act came on we both looked at each other and broke out into laughter. She then got up to top off my Malbec.

Most, if not all, live in Santo Domingo.
I know a couple of them. They rehearse and perform in Santo Domingo.

Check YouTube for all their interviews on local tv after this tv appearance.

The group has travelled several times to USA to compete in the hip hop international competitions.

A lot of negativity in this thread... these kids have accomplished a lot and for them to compete on this show is going to be one of, if not the, highlight of their lives.

Check Da Republik on Facebook or NucleoExtremo on instagram.

9ae3c623933849ec99d09559a95248f2.png

Last edited:

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012

Step outside of the gated community once in a while. Kids in DR are learning English in school at an earlier age, especially in SD. And if they do indeed travel for comps, that also helps with their English skills.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I spend much time outside of gated communities, and am fully aware of the educational opportunities to some children not just in the capital, but other places as well, thank you. Both in RD, and other nations as well. I see things one way, you may see them in another light. That is fine. It does not make you a bad person. We will have to agree to disagree in relation to this particular matter. You can feel free to donate willingly to their cause. I choose not to.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Maybe they learned to promote themselves with the Hurricane backdrop from Government and World Aid Agencies.
Or from the ''unofficials'' who extract money from new Yachters coming into RD.
Or maybe even the Police... or Immigration Officers.
Take your pick.
Won't change anything.......
If the corruption starts with leaders ; like their coach... it will not stop anywhere!
It's a way of life in Third World, Developing and Developed Countries .... same all over.

I hope it was a good dance.
Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I had to say this " There was no need to mention the Hurricane'' the dance was flawless... all four judges loved it.
It was short and great... tremendous choreography. Could even understand the music; not bad for an old guy.

Must have been a compulsion to use the ''sympathy'' trick.
Too bad, otherwise a great show.
And that is only my humble opinion.
Russell
Russell

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
The fluff aside, I thought their routine was interesting, athletic and tight...