Intenet banking adding new beneficiaries

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
This should be interesting. I received today this email from Banco Popular. I pay some bills on line. And, I am sure when I added those beneficiaries to my account so that I could pay them, I did not have to provide RNC number or cedula. The email refers to "rejection of future transactions."

"Recuerda que al agregar un beneficiario de otra entidad bancaria a tu Internet Banking, el número de cédula, pasaporte o RNC que sea registrado, debe pertenecer al beneficiario que estás agregando.

Revisa las personas o empresas que ya has adicionado para evitar el rechazo de futuras transacciones.

Estamos comprometidos con entregarle una experiencia única y memorable en cada servicio."

Google translation to English:

"Remember that when adding a beneficiary of another banking entity to your Internet Banking, the ID number, passport or RNC that is registered must belong to the beneficiary you are adding.

Check the people or companies that you have already added to avoid rejection of future transactions."

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
sounds like its referring to transferring money from 1 bank to an account in a different bank,

when adding a beneficiary of another banking entity?

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
sounds like its referring to transferring money from 1 bank to an account in a different bank,

when adding a beneficiary of another banking entity?

That certainly could be the case. I have not set up any payments to people that do not have a Banco Popular account. I think that would be a wire transfer. And, I only pay to those that BP lists. They have categories such as communications, electric, etc. And they list only those that they support. You can chose from the list. I guess that those entities have BP accounts. The email is not specific. Normal.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
That certainly could be the case. I have not set up any payments to people that do not have a Banco Popular account. I think that would be a wire transfer. And, I only pay to those that BP lists. They have categories such as communications, electric, etc. And they list only those that they support. You can chose from the list. I guess that those entities have BP accounts. The email is not specific. Normal.

1.- If you really stransfered money to another bank account then delete it and re add it with the correct RNC or Cedula. If not must be scam. Be carefull about it.

When you add a beneficiaro you have to provide ID number of the person when the account is in other bank.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I've just received an email from Progreso telling me to update my beneficiaries with their cedula or RNC. Perhaps a new banking code. DGII probably want their slice of the action.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
BP for years has been asking rnc or cédula for accounts outside their bank. And some of the services you can choose in BO internet banking might have an account at another bank instead of BP, which explains why it asks for RNC.