Sabaneta de Yasica to San Victor (Ugh)

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
About the only thing good on the trip I took Saturday was the new puente and the view once you start back down into the valley - but if you value your car avoid this route until they fix all the new culvert crossings, and the heavy end dumps are off the road.

If you a motorcycle rider with a long travel suspension dual sport type bike - have at it - In my hey day I would have slammed it.

But the road is still not read for prime time travel and San Victor has now tied Bangkok as having the craziest worst drivers I can recall.

But there may be some spots in the Middle East I have chosen to forget that come close

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
About the only thing good on the trip I took Saturday was the new puente and the view once you start back down into the valley - but if you value your car avoid this route until they fix all the new culvert crossings, and the heavy end dumps are off the road.

If you a motorcycle rider with a long travel suspension dual sport type bike - have at it - In my hey day I would have slammed it.

But the road is still not read for prime time travel and San Victor has now tied Bangkok as having the craziest worst drivers I can recall.

But there may be some spots in the Middle East I have chosen to forget that come close
Well, it's better than it used to be.

Our V-Stroms take it easily doing the Pothole Boogey. Cages? Not so well...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A question:

Yásica is on the Santiago to Puerto Plata "Tourist" highway.

San Víctor is in Moca.

Am I assuming that you go up to the Police station at La Cumbre, turn left and follow the ridgeline down to San Víctor??

That was the road used to ditch the jeep the Hermanas Mirabal were killed in....fake accident, trying to cover up the murders.

Never did that one but it sounds interesting. Thanks for bringing it up.

Cordially,

HB