Saludos

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
I'm from the states, but my parents were born in DR. I plan on moving there within the year to get away from my current way of living. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences of living of where I plan to be my home. Tostones, mangu, here I come...... :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome!

Where are you thinking about living?

Being Dominican yourself, I’m presuming away from the foreigner enclaves.

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
Welcome!

Where are you thinking about living?

Being Dominican yourself, I’m presuming away from the foreigner enclaves.

I will there in August to look around. I have alot of family in places I don't want to live but, will leverage them to help me figure alot of things out. I wanted to move with my mom, but she passed away suddenly. My desire to move there grew even more after that. I have family in Santo Domingo, Tenares, and in San Francisco de Marcoris. I will frequent those areas because of family but have no clue where I'll end up. I'm not even sure where to rent at first. Any suggestions I'm all ears. I'm working on getting my citizenship before I move. Any suggestions on locations, i'm all ears. :) Thank you

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
I will there in August to look around. I have alot of family in places I don't want to live but, will leverage them to help me figure alot of things out. I wanted to move with my mom, but she passed away suddenly. My desire to move there grew even more after that. I have family in Santo Domingo, Tenares, and in San Francisco de Marcoris. I will frequent those areas because of family but have no clue where I'll end up. I'm not even sure where to rent at first. Any suggestions I'm all ears. I'm working on getting my citizenship before I move. Any suggestions on locations, i'm all ears. :) Thank you

Sorry I did not proof read my last post and it sounded redundant a few times..lol

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Sorry for that I know that feeling, and welcome. By the way did you apply to get your citizenship? or you already have it?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I have lived in the capital, Puerto Plata, the town of, as well as Sosua and now am VERY happy living here in Santiago. It has all I need minus the insane traffic of the capital, short drive to the beach, mountains or the capital. I recommend it highly.

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
Sorry for that I know that feeling, and welcome. By the way did you apply to get your citizenship? or you already have it?

I'm waiting for my dad to get his updated cedula. His was really old. I went to the Dominican consulate in Miami and I have what I need but need my father's cedula to proceed.

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
I have lived in the capital, Puerto Plata, the town of, as well as Sosua and now am VERY happy living here in Santiago. It has all I need minus the insane traffic of the capital, short drive to the beach, mountains or the capital. I recommend it highly.

Thanks Garyexpat

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Come to Baravo...I love it here.... and you can always drive into the Capital when you want to party like a rock star... i would not live in SPM not for the life of me...