Taxes for title transfer

LosLT

Jun 25, 2018
Good Morning,

My father is planning on transferring the title of a property he has to me. Should I expect to pay any taxes on the property even though I am not paying for it and it is just being given to me?

Thanks for your feedback :)

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Good Morning,

My father is planning on transferring the title of a property he has to me. Should I expect to pay any taxes on the property even though I am not paying for it and it is just being given to me?

Thanks for your feedback :)

I think DGII will charge 25%. Better talk with a lawer because if you have sibilins in a future that would be a problem when your dad die.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
If a property has a change in the name on the title then there are transfer taxes and stamp duties involved. If the property is in a corporation then there are no transfer taxes as it will just be a transfer in shares. Taxes are based on the value of the property but there are also certain factors such as whether it is residential land, farm land and if there is a fixed structure/building/house on the property. It also depends on the designated zoning of the land such as rural, farm, commercial, residential and touristic. If you are doing this through a lawyer, even though you did not pay anything for the property, you will obviously have legal fees to pay. I recommend that you do this through the lawyer to make sure that the property coordinates are 100% correct. The Deslinde process, (translates to the Segregation of the land) was started in 2009 due to the fact the the land courts had more land titles in the DR than actual land available and because of this some property owners have gained land and some have lost. If this piece of land has been in your family chances are that it has not been deslinded (I am only guessing this and maybe your family have already done this) and if it has not been done then the only way a new title can be issued is by getting the Deslinde done, and this is not cheap, expect to pay between U$1500 and U$2000.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think DGII will charge 25%. Better talk with a lawer because if you have sibilins in a future that would be a problem when your dad die.
If the land is transferred to you whilst he is alive then the siblings will have no rights to claim. If he does not transfer than half will go to his wife and the other half will be split amoungst all the siblings

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
If the land is transferred to you whilst he is alive then the siblings will have no rights to claim. If he does not transfer than half will go to his wife and the other half will be split amoungst all the siblings

As far as I know can not be transfered whole property. every body has same rights to receive somethin and can not go all to ony one.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
As far as I know can not be transfered whole property. every body has same rights to receive somethin and can not go all to ony one.

My MIL signed her property over to my wife, and my wife transfer a property of hers over to her brother and they signed an agreeement with a lawyer and my MIL that all parties were satified.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
My MIL signed her property over to my wife, and my wife transfer a property of hers over to her brother and they signed an agreeement with a lawyer and my MIL that all parties were satified.

Indeed, As I said can not be transfered direct without an agreement signed with brothers and sister, the other way is using a 3rd person that is the way used when this transaction can cause problems between brothers and sisters because not every body is agree but thats the wish of the parents.