Lawyer needed

Mullahman

Jun 26, 2011
I am in need of a lawyer in Santo Domingo in order to have divorce papers served to my spouse. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Sorry to hear that ..... the lawyer they recommended is a good firm .... let me guess she had many primos....

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Quick question....Isnt a divorce in DR good enough worldwide...I mean, thats what Michael Jackson did with Lisa Marie Presley...they flew in to La Vega, DR and got an express divorce there...Everybody found out after they were long gone....or am I mistaken? maybe it was someone else...?

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Quick question....Isnt a divorce in DR good enough worldwide...I mean, thats what Michael Jackson did with Lisa Marie Presley...they flew in to La Vega, DR and got an express divorce there...Everybody found out after they were long gone....or am I mistaken? maybe it was someone else...?

That is called a divorce a vapor - literally a steam divorce. Happens in a couple of days, between non Dominicans, very expensive but now not valid in several countries and several US states. A standard divorce in the DR is valid worldwide but one of the parties has to have strong links to the country - ie be Dominican. They take around 6 months and are pretty straightforward. For those divorcing a Dominican in the US or Canada for example, the only key issue is that the Dominican has to be served with papers and it can a) be hard to find them b) hard to find someone to serve them c) the server often has to swear that the papers have been served in front of a notary which involves translation issues 4) can be expensive to fedex etc the notary document back to the home country as they won't accept scans or faxes.

Matilda