Hello - New & Have a Questions

DRquestion

Jun 29, 2018
Hello
I’m new here and so glad there is a forum for questions.

Does anyone know how to find a reliable housekeeper?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello
I’m new here and so glad there is a forum for questions.

Does anyone know how to find a reliable housekeeper?

You can check ads in local papers but I would talk to my neighbors and see who they are using and how much they pay.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There are agencies in Santo Domingo, where are you located? We’ve always hired ours through word of mouth.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
If you want someone full-time there are a lot of websites where you can advertise jobs. I always use Aldaba.com and you get a really good response. If it's just a part-time cleaner you need, as suggested, better to ask friends or neighbours because you need someone who is honest, and someone who someone else knows.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Speak to the priest at the local church and ask if you can post a job available notice. The secret to success is spending the time to teach whoever you hire exactly how you want things done using which cleaning chemical for which jobs and how much of it to use.

You need to supervise frequently during the first few months to ensure that toilet rags don't end up wiping down counters or taps or toilet water isn't used on floors. If you want your person to do laundry, lock up the bleach. Teach them how to sanitize their rags at the end of the day using the microwave (if you have one). Just about anyone will profess to be a good cleaner, very few of them are and it's up to you to teach and constantly check the quality of their work. If you go about your business with no follow up, you'll get sub-par results - so it helps immensely if you can speak Spanish. Eg#1. One of my cleaning people thought vacuuming the stone deck around the pool was a good idea. Eg#2. Dump bucket of water on floor then use mop to put water back into bucket.

Good luck.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Speak to the priest at the local church and ask if you can post a job available notice. The secret to success is spending the time to teach whoever you hire exactly how you want things done using which cleaning chemical for which jobs and how much of it to use.

You need to supervise frequently during the first few months to ensure that toilet rags don't end up wiping down counters or taps or toilet water isn't used on floors. If you want your person to do laundry, lock up the bleach. Teach them how to sanitize their rags at the end of the day using the microwave (if you have one). Just about anyone will profess to be a good cleaner, very few of them are and it's up to you to teach and constantly check the quality of their work. If you go about your business with no follow up, you'll get sub-par results - so it helps immensely if you can speak Spanish. Eg#1. One of my cleaning people thought vacuuming the stone deck around the pool was a good idea. Eg#2. Dump bucket of water on floor then use mop to put water back into bucket.

Good luck.

Amen to that.